Colon: "I want to come back here"

Cali

i'm not going to get too excited

Durham said he wanted to come back -- and he was gone.

Ventura said he wanted to stay -- and he was gone.

Charles Johnson said he liked Chicago -- and returned to Florida.

Buehrle says he liikes the team -- but they've never been able to work out a long term deal.

Generally, they ALL say they want to stay. I think it's what the players' association tells them to say so fans don't get POed.

But in the end, almost all of them go for the money.

I'm skeptical Bartolo will be around -- especially when you know Boston, the Yankees and others are waiting to throw more money at him.

Buehrle says he liikes the team -- but they've never been able to work out a long term deal.

Generally, they ALL say they want to stay. I think it's what the players' association tells them to say so fans don't get POed.

I'm skeptical Bartolo will be around -- especially when you know Boston, the Yankees and others are waiting to throw more money at him.

Hmmm, I hope it ain't gonna be one of those off - seasons again.

That's very true. No one should shut down any prospective market place when you are looking for the highest bidder.$$$

Was that the first english quote from Colon all season?$$$$$

That's very true. No one should shut down any prospective market place when you are looking for the highest bidder.$$$

Was that the first english quote from Colon all season?$$$$$

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too true. I can't recall any quotes from Bartolo this season until now.

Interesting quotes in here deal with the fact that they have agreed on a term of years (with the JR phobia of longer term pitching deals) and the fact that they want to get this done "sooner versus later".

Not quite.

From today's Sun-Times;

"Williams and Colon's agent, Mitch Frankel, have had contract talks since spring training, and while both sides say they want to work out a new deal, there are no assurances.

''It's too close not to remain hopeful,'' Williams said, ''but it's far enough away where it might not make sense for us.''

Both sides have agreed in principle to a multiyear deal, but money remains the stumbling block.

With escalating contracts for Magglio Ordonez ($14 million) and Paul Konerko ($8 million) and likely raises for Carlos Lee and Buehrle (both arbitration eligible), Williams already has budget concerns. But Colon is likely to command premium dollars should he become a free agent, a factor influencing his side of the current negotiations.

''The agents [for Colon] have done a good job of being respectful and cognizant of what we're trying to do,'' Williams said. ''We've presented them with something we hope they say yes to. If they don't, I don't know where that leaves us. If not, we won't allow one or two signings to take away from what we have to do with the club as a whole.

''There are alternatives and options we're looking at. We have to be mindful of what is good for the whole as well as the individual.''

--------------------------------------------

It's hardly 'fact' that anything has been agreed to.

Not quite.

From today's Sun-Times;

"Williams and Colon's agent, Mitch Frankel, have had contract talks since spring training, and while both sides say they want to work out a new deal, there are no assurances.

''It's too close not to remain hopeful,'' Williams said, ''but it's far enough away where it might not make sense for us.''

Both sides have agreed in principle to a multiyear deal, but money remains the stumbling block.

With escalating contracts for Magglio Ordonez ($14 million) and Paul Konerko ($8 million) and likely raises for Carlos Lee and Buehrle (both arbitration eligible), Williams already has budget concerns. But Colon is likely to command premium dollars should he become a free agent, a factor influencing his side of the current negotiations.

''The agents [for Colon] have done a good job of being respectful and cognizant of what we're trying to do,'' Williams said. ''We've presented them with something we hope they say yes to. If they don't, I don't know where that leaves us. If not, we won't allow one or two signings to take away from what we have to do with the club as a whole.

''There are alternatives and options we're looking at. We have to be mindful of what is good for the whole as well as the individual.''

Umm unless the Trib is lying...

Williams said he and Colon's agent, Mitch Frankel, have been trying to hammer out an extension since spring training. They have agreed on the number of years but not the money.

The 30-year-old right-hander made $8.25 million this season and would likely command at least $10 million a year on the open market.

"It's too close not to remain hopeful, but it's far enough away where it might not make sense for us," Williams said. "I want to do it sooner rather than later because if it's not a possibility, we'll go to Option B."

What you saw from Colon this year is pretty much what you get. Awesome at times, awful at others. Outside of one year (2002) he is not my definition of an ace. I'm not trying to diss the guy, just trying to be as objective as possible. Pitching is in short supply all around. I don't see any Mark Priors in the Sox farm system, although I do have some hopes for Honel. The Sox may need Colon again next year.

Not quite.

From today's Sun-Times;

Williams said he and Colon's agent, Mitch Frankel, have been trying to hammer out an extension since spring training. They have agreed on the number of years but not the money.

The 30-year-old right-hander made $8.25 million this season and would likely command at least $10 million a year on the open market.

"It's too close not to remain hopeful, but it's far enough away where it might not make sense for us," Williams said. "I want to do it sooner rather than later because if it's not a possibility, we'll go to Option B."

It's the media and getting information from Williams, who is tap dancing in between the 'I's and 'We's, so it's probably all lies.

I hope the Sox aren't going to offer Colon a crap contract like they did for Ventura and Johnson (and, that was a solid no-sign, too... CJ has sucked since 2000).

Not quite.

From today's Sun-Times;

It's the media and getting information from Williams, who is tap dancing in between the 'I's and 'We's, so it's probably all lies.

So you guys are letting KW lie to the media, even though he doesn't have anything to do with the negotiations? (because he isn't in charge anymore) And you are letting him get away with it, and no one is saying anything to refute these lies, including both the team and Colon or his agent????

So you guys are letting KW lie to the media, even though he doesn't have anything to do with the negotiations? (because he isn't in charge anymore)  And you are letting him get away with it, and no one is saying anything to refute these lies, including both the team and Colon or his agent????

"You guys"? If I had anything to do with it they'd all be on a park bench in North Carolina for a while now.

The 'face' the club wants and why are their business. When cornered for a quote Williams has been tap dancing with the 'We's and 'I's since before the break.

Technically there's no lies at all. Read it. They talked in the spring, when he came here, and no one said they 'negotiated' anything since. They might've said 'Hi' once or twice, or not anything at all, none of that is spoken of.

So you guys are letting KW lie to the media, even though he doesn't have anything to do with the negotiations? (because he isn't in charge anymore)  And you are letting him get away with it, and no one is saying anything to refute these lies, including both the team and Colon or his agent????

"You guys"? If I had anything to do with it they'd all be on a park bench in North Carolina for a while now.

The 'face' the club wants and why are their business. When cornered for a quote Williams has been tap dancing with the 'We's and 'I's since before the break.

Technically there's no lies at all. Read it. They talked in the spring, when he came here, and no one said they 'negotiated' anything since. They might've said 'Hi' once or twice, or not anything at all, none of that is spoken of.

And fans really care about technicalities. No wonder people feel betrayed by this organization on a regular basis. This is a house of mirrors that projects the image that it is out to screw everyone for its own gain, and no one does anything to refute it, in fact furthers that image by supposedly letting a figure head go out and tell lies or "technicalities" to the media with no rebuttal or consequences... :rolleyes: Is the White Sox organization really that badly run?

Well, that's one way to look at it.

What else could you take from it? Is anyone there in charge? I think if any of the rest of us started going out making remarks about our company for something we knew nothing about, we'd get canned. If we usurped our bosses wishes we'd get canned. If we chased off our good employees and stabbed others in the back, we'd get canned. Yet Kenny is still hanging around saying stuff to the media.

What else could you take from it?  Is anyone there in charge?  I think if any of the rest of us started going out making remarks about our company for something we knew nothing about, we'd get canned.  If we usurped our bosses wishes we'd get canned.  If we chased off our good employees and stabbed others in the back, we'd get canned.  Yet Kenny is still hanging around saying stuff to the media.

Some day, when you quit burning the fries, you might get promoted into a corporate structure. Deliver the mail well and you might get promoted again. The higher the level, the more of that is seen and done.

Of course there's people in charge, and Williams was one of them.