5/2 Games

flavum

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 2, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
I don't think Hansen will be far behind.

Likely not until after the All Star break... no need to rush him.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 2, 2017 -> 07:10 PM)
Add Kevan Smith to the list of guys hitting really nicely at Charlotte

Hopefully he'll eventually learn how to hit in Chicago.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 2, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
Danny Hayes continues to intrigue me. Assuming he cuts his strikeouts back to his usual levels I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him get a chance after the trade deadline.

Meh, I see more Andy Wilkins in Hayes. Hope I'm wrong, but I've seen too many older 1B prospects put up solid AAA numbers come and go in our system.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 2, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
Cory Luebke returned tonight for Charlotte, striking out 2 in a scoreless inning. Looking forward to seeing him in Chicago, think he'll be a valuable piece.

He's lefty correct?

QUOTE (bmags @ May 2, 2017 -> 09:00 PM)
He's lefty correct?

Yep. Lefties have a .193/.257/.280 line off him in the majors. Righties .234/.308/.389. Was worth 2.7 WAR in 2011 splitting time starting and in the pen. Two Tommy Johns since then. Was lights out for Pittsburgh at AAA last year, control problems in 8 MLB innings but has never really struggled with that before.

Sam Panayotovich‏ @spshoot Apr 25

I'm hearing great things about lefty Cory Luebke. #WhiteSox using former 1st rd pick as a starter in AZ. Should be w/ AAA-Charlotte soon.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 2, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
Yep. Lefties have a .193/.257/.280 line off him in the majors. Righties .234/.308/.389. Was worth 2.7 WAR in 2011 splitting time starting and in the pen. Two Tommy Johns since then. Was lights out for Pittsburgh at AAA last year, control problems in 8 MLB innings but has never really struggled with that before.

The number of pitchers to get at least 100 innings in the majors (after a 2nd Tommy John) is pretty limited.

I want to say Chris Capuano. The Royals tried with Medlen, to little success. Jose Rijo, historically. Daniel Hudson.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your...m=.102265a35b65

QUOTE (Donaldo @ May 2, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
Likely not until after the All Star break... no need to rush him.

Hopefully he'll eventually learn how to hit in Chicago.

If Hansen continues to put up the numbers that he is at Kanny, moving him to WS wouldn't be rushing him at all. It would be a due promotion based on performance.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 2, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
Dunning hitting the ground running after a promotion reminds me of Dan Hudson and Brandon McCarthy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at AA at some point this season and in the MLB next season at his current pace.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 2, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
Man that Moncada homer was something. A bomb to left center batting lefty. That's some impressive pop.

Moncada at age 21 is showing why he is so highly touted. If he can cut down on the strikeouts and improve his defense then you are talking about the potential to be a special player.

It's scary to think that he could get significantly better than he is now over time with more reps