Nate Jones to 10 Day DL (retro to May 1)

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 4, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
Is your league Holds+saves? If not I wouldn't even bother. Worst case scenario, stash him on your dl.

Yeah, this league awards 2.5 points per hold. I acquired him because he'll probably be the closer if Robertson is traded. I might just hold onto him and hope he's only on the shelf for a couple weeks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
Apparently it isn't going to be our year for pitching.

His slider has been off all year. Wonder if that was due to elbow issues? Either way, these injuries to the pitchers are getting out of control

Will the last healthy White Sox player please turn off the clubhouse lights before leaving to go on the DL?

7th Sox player (6th pitcher) currently on the DL. It's 2000-2001 all over again. So much for these guys staying healthy so they can be traded for something.

Hahn today said it's "minor" and he should be pitching again "in a few weeks."

Where have we heard THAT before this year? LOL.

Rodon was moved to the 60 day DL because the report said the Sox feel it'll be at least June 1 before he can do a rehab assignment.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 4, 2017 -> 11:15 AM)
Will the last healthy White Sox player please turn off the clubhouse lights before leaving to go on the DL?

7th Sox player (6th pitcher) currently on the DL. It's 2000-2001 all over again. So much for these guys staying healthy so they can be traded for something.

Rodon was moved to the 60 day DL because the report said the Sox feel it'll be at least June 1 before he can do a rehab assignment.

Mark

You sure you cannot rehab while on the DL? I think that just means he can't come back to the ML before June 1, but pretty sure he can pitch in AAA.

Also...you'll notice DL stints are way up across the league. The 10 day DL allows teams much more flexibility. Obviously the bullpen has taken a bit of a hit so far this year, but its not like this is some crazy phenomenon only occurring on the SOx.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 4, 2017 -> 11:15 AM)

Mark

This isn't true. Hahn said he wouldn't be finished with rehab assignment by then. He's throwing off a mound. I think it's likely he goes on one in the next 10 days. He's eligible to return to Sox on 5/29.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 4, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
Dammit. I literally just acquired him in my league. Is he drop worthy?

Yes. The neuritis can only be coming from stress at the elbow. Not a good sign from a previous TJ.