Legit First Prospect Called Up(Poll)

kwill

Legit First Prospect Called UP  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be first legit prospect called up?

• Reynaldo Lopez
    • Yoan Moncada
    • Carson Fulmer
    • Nick Delmonico
    • Matt Cooper
    • You forgot my guy!

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2017 -> 06:56 PM)
Just with the way bullpen going I'd say Burdi isn't far off

Service time is no longer an issue with him, either. I think Burdi could realistically be called up anytime now. But I voted for Moncada. I think he's hitting too well for them to keep him down past the middle of May.

I don't remember the exact numbers, and I'm sure someone will find the exact numbers for me too, but Burdi has thrown like 100 innings and hasn't experienced a full year of pro ball. I imagine he'll be up at some point this year, but he falls in line with the whole "have a prospect struggle and making adjustments before calling them up." His adjustment is literally going to be pitching for a full season out of a bullpen. He is among the least likely I view to be called up at this point. In fact, I could see them calling him up for September and then waiting until mid May or June of 2018 to call him up full time to gain another full year of control.

Among the main prospects, as a full-time call up, I think it'll be Lopez, Fulmer, or Moncada. I'd put my money on Fulmer, but I'm not much of a betting man.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 12, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
I don't remember the exact numbers, and I'm sure someone will find the exact numbers for me too, but Burdi has thrown like 100 innings and hasn't experienced a full year of pro ball. I imagine he'll be up at some point this year, but he falls in line with the whole "have a prospect struggle and making adjustments before calling them up." His adjustment is literally going to be pitching for a full season out of a bullpen. He is among the least likely I view to be called up at this point. In fact, I could see them calling him up for September and then waiting until mid May or June of 2018 to call him up full time to gain another full year of control.

Among the main prospects, as a full-time call up, I think it'll be Lopez, Fulmer, or Moncada. I'd put my money on Fulmer, but I'm not much of a betting man.

I have a feeling it will be Fulmer too. Hopefully the Sox can pull off a deal with Holland or Gonzalez and Fulmer steps into the open slot.

Edited by soxfan2014

Delmonico gets the call soon to replace Soxtalk's bastard step child, Cody Asche. Next one after that I think will be Brian Clark. I don't think the big pitching names like Lopez, Giolito and Fulmer get a chance at a call-up until some starting pitching is dealt and could use more time anyway. Moncada is worth the wait so however long he takes is fine with me, no rush.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 12, 2017 -> 01:24 PM)
I have a feeling it will be Fulmer too. Hopefully the Sox can pull off a deal with Holland or Gonzalez and Fulmer steps into the open slot.

Did you forget that Covey & Pelfrey are currently in our rotation? Fuller should be up as soon as he strings a few more quality starts together.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 12, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Delmonico gets the call soon to replace Soxtalk's bastard step child, Cody Asche. Next one after that I think will be Brian Clark. I don't think the big pitching names like Lopez, Giolito and Fulmer get a chance at a call-up until some starting pitching is dealt and could use more time anyway. Moncada is worth the wait so however long he takes is fine with me, no rush.

Who is Clark replacing in the bullpen?