Tommy Kahnle

reiks12

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)
Why would Col do that? Hoffman might be more valuable than Q now. Rodgers is a top 5 prospect. Colorado has strong pitching depth for now.

Yeah, that might be a stretch. Maybe Marquez. I'd think they would want more veteran presence in the rotation. Depending on that youth come September might be tough. Though they could do a 6 man rotation to stretch it out.

Same with the bullpen. Holland could be a late season risk due to not playing for awhile.

QUOTE (striker @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
Yeah, that might be a stretch. Maybe Marquez. I'd think they would want more veteran presence in the rotation. Depending on that youth come September might be tough. Though they could do a 6 man rotation to stretch it out.

Same with the bullpen. Holland could be a late season risk due to not playing for awhile.

My take is that the Rockies aren't going to sell out for this year. Gray should be back soon. Hoffman has been ridiculous. Freeland and Sanzatela look like legitimate mid-rotation or better options. Marquez has shown flashes. And Chatwood and Anderson each have some degree of MLB success. They aren't trading for a starter, period.

They could use some back end of the bullpen help, but Holland has been great in the closers role, so I'm not sure Robertson is a fit. And as noted above, the Rockies organization might not have much goodwill for Tommy Kahnle. I do think the Rockies will look for bullpen help around the deadline. I'm skeptical that the Sox are a fit.