Nationals acquire Doolittle/Madson from As

Whisox05

Nats have had forever to complete a Robertson trade so I don't think it is going to happen. I think they will get someone cheap. I would make a final call and here is my ask and reasoning. Robertson has increased his value by his performance vs this winter and his money owed is less. One player mentioned before is in AA and struggling and we drafted a 3b in the first round so I am taking him out. We liked Luzardo before and he is pitching now so he stays. So.......

Robertson for Luzardo LHP, and either 50 value cf Robertson at AAA if we pay half Robertson's 2018 salary or 45 value cf Perkins 20 yr old who is toolsy but at A ball and is putting together an interesting year for little/less money.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Nats have had forever to complete a Robertson trade so I don't think it is going to happen. I think they will get someone cheap. I would make a final call and here is my ask and reasoning. Robertson has increased his value by his performance vs this winter and his money owed is less. One player mentioned before is in AA and struggling and we drafted a 3b in the first round so I am taking him out. We liked Luzardo before and he is pitching now so he stays. So.......

Robertson for Luzardo LHP, and either 50 value cf Robertson at AAA if we pay half Robertson's 2018 salary or 45 value cf Perkins 20 yr old who is toolsy but at A ball and is putting together an interesting year for little/less money.

Hopefully the reason this Q trade was completed today was so that we can turn our focus to this transaction, or perhaps one which includes our relievers to another ballclub.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Hopefully the reason this Q trade was completed today was so that we can turn our focus to this transaction, or perhaps one which includes our relievers to another ballclub.

This will break the log jam for sure. No one else will take nearly this much detail and negotiations.

I think Robertson gets traded in next couple weeks (not necessarily a bold prediction and not necessarily to Nats), Kahnle stays as closer, gets marketed and traded as a cheap, controllable closer in off-season, Jones takes over as closer in 18 assuming his arm doesn't fall off.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:47 AM)

I'd prefer the best possible talent back, regardless of position, but another IF would be nice to add to the mix!

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
I'd prefer the best possible talent back, regardless of position, but another IF would be nice to add to the mix!

Robertson and some cash to the Nats for Carter Kieboom and Luzardo is my dream at the moment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
It really doesn't matter what the lists say, it is what your scouting think.

I know that, but the justification given was "Soto is Top 20", so a list that has him at 95 is a pretty strong counterargument in that case.

I think Roberson, Kahnle, Swarzak for Soto, Kieboom, Fedde makes a lot of sense for both sides. Nats need 3 arms in their bullpen.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
I know that, but the justification given was "Soto is Top 20", so a list that has him at 95 is a pretty strong counterargument in that case.

I think Roberson, Kahnle, Swarzak for Soto, Kieboom, Fedde makes a lot of sense for both sides. Nats need 3 arms in their bullpen.

He is a guy with a ton of helium right now. Lots of people ding points for people are in the lowest levels. Maitan has seen the same thing. I'd still trade for him in a heartbeat if my scouts gave a thumbs up.

The goal should be Robertson & cash for Kieboom & Luzardo. Hell, I'd probably throw Swarzak in too if necessary, although I'd probably want a lottery ticket added to the mix.

Kieboom would provide us with a high-end prospect that could eventually fill in on the left side of the infield and Luzardo gives us a much needed left-handed arm.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
The goal should be Robertson & cash for Kieboom & Luzardo. Hell, I'd probably throw Swarzak in too if necessary, although I'd probably want a lottery ticket added to the mix.

Kieboom would provide us with a high-end prospect that could eventually fill in on the left side of the infield and Luzardo gives us a much needed left-handed arm.

Agree. I would settle on that but definitely shoot higher.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)

Throw in Daniel Johnson if we threw in Swarzak and that's exactly what I think should happen.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Agree. I would settle on that but definitely shoot higher.

I'm super high on Kieboom. I know he didn't make BA's mid-season top 100 list, but Baseball Prospectus had him just missing their to 50. And in terms of need, he fits a huge gap in the system. Luzardo was also a huge over-slot signing coming out of the draft. I also like the fact he is young and would slot into Kannapolis' rotation next year.