Luis Robert signing official

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:07 PM)
Potential 2020 Lineup:

CF Robert

SS Anderson

1B Abreu

RF Avi

2B Moncada

DH/3B Davidson

3B/DH (Free Agent?)

C Collins

LF Tilson

That's an exciting lineup, with the assumption that Tilson is healthy and can actually hit, actually, a lot of this lineup has assumptions lol. One possible alteration, if we have a lot of faith in Yolmer and if he stays hot at the plate, maybe move Moncada to 3B and have Yolmer play 2B, with Davidson DHing.

If Abreu is still playing 1B and Tilson and Davidson are in the starting lineup in 2020, this rebuild will have been a disaster.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
Potential 2020 Lineup:

CF Robert

SS Anderson

1B Abreu

RF Avi

2B Moncada

DH/3B Davidson

3B/DH (Free Agent?)

C Collins

LF Tilson

That's an exciting lineup, with the assumption that Tilson is healthy and can actually hit, actually, a lot of this lineup has assumptions lol. One possible alteration, if we have a lot of faith in Yolmer and if he stays hot at the plate, maybe move Moncada to 3B and have Yolmer play 2B, with Davidson DHing. OR DH Abreu and put Davidson at 1B, or find a free agent 1B and DH Abreu. I think we were all spoiled with Konerko's defense over there at first.

SS - Anderson

2B - Moncada

C - Collins

DH - Abreu

CF - Rutherford

1B - Beer

3B - Machado

LF - Robert

RF - A. Garcia

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
Deals for Q, Robertson, + will sure add more confidence and filler by 2018. Draft strong again next month... tank this year for a high draft slot next year... Gotta love it.

This is where my heart is at combined with the pipe dream of landing Machado when he becomes a FA.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)
Let's just give it to him and move on.

The 2019 Sox will have some serious speed.

Not to be funny but that would be a dream team for Ozzie. Would be awesome to see Moncada, Robert, Anderson and Basabe in the same lineup. There's potential speed contributions from Leury, May and Engel as bench players too.

So glad the Sox have moved on from the station to station lineups from years past.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 20, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)
Fixed it for you :)

Trade Beer and Garcia's position but other than that... it's a pie in the sky dream. Even if you replace Machado for Donaldson, A+.

Kopech, Giolito, Fulmer, Lopez, Dunning, Stephens, Hansen, Burdi, and more from trades.

Also cheap roster so you've got the ability to sign a FA frontline SP vet.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:06 PM)
Add in a quality priest at #11 overall next month and we are well on our way into this rebuild. I have to give the front office credit for working hard to turn this around quickly.

Please, somehow let that prospect be Haseley! I don't expect it to happen but I didn't think Robert would so what the heck.

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 20, 2017 -> 07:52 PM)
Ok... so...

Moncada cost for White Sox = 0

Sale contract off books for White Sox = -38m

Kopech cost for White Sox = -1.5m

Robert cost for White Sox = ~45m

Sale + 6.5m = Moncada ( 0 ), Robert ( 0 ), Kopech, Basabe, Diaz

All I'm saying is that the Sale deal positioned us for this and it should be accounted for when evaluating the deal in the next few years.

This is an absolutely terrible way to look at this. The Sale deal has nothing to do with this signing.

Kind of reminds me of Iguchi in that I really feel the fans kind of willed this one on by being so in tune with it.

I wavered big this morning but one reason I thought Jerry would spend big was he already proved his point with new CBA. After doing the model citizen approach to help influence cost control rules we have seen Sox bend a bit more (Rodon signing)