Luis Robert signing official

southsider2k5

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Right on cue

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/inside-bas...ework-starters/

Certainly wouldn't want to hold Hahn accountable for anything....considering the sterling results the last 4+ years, the benefit of the doubt has been earned.

But don't worry, I will credit him if the Sox sign Robert.

That article does not say Hahn is pulling away from Robert.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:05 PM)
Because Fathom always reads the worst case scenario into everything

- McGuffey says Cards offer more

- someone remarks gut tells him money wins out

- McGuffey says gut is probably right

How does that not show that McGuffey thinks the Cards get him

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Right on cue

Oh, you'll be happy to know that I found it.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/inside-bas...ework-starters/

But don't worry, I will credit him if the Sox sign Robert.

The White Sox, Cardinals and Astros are considered a few of the leaders for Cuban outfielder Luis Robert – though some believe that ultimately the White Sox may turn their attention elsewhere (GM Rick Hahn declined to comment).

Robert’s people are telling folks they’ve got more than $20 million, which jibes with the report in this space a few weeks ago that he “had $25 million in his pocket.”

Yea this totally says that Hahn is pulling back on Robert. Bravo

Any more misquoted articles you wanna reference this morning? You are 0-fer

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)

He never said that. He said it was his understanding that they did.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)

McGuffey just stated that he heard the Cards offered him a significant deal. Nothing was said about a White Sox deal being less (unless he said this elsewhere). The remark about guy saying he signs where ever the most money comes in response to him saying something about one offer not compared to any others. McGuffey says guy is probably right.

How does that indicate anything about the Sox offer being less? He very well could mean he thinks the Cards are front runners but he could just mean what it seems like whoever offers the most will get him. He heards of one offer not the other

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:35 PM)
McGuffey just stated that he heard the Cards offered him a significant deal. Nothing was said about a White Sox deal being less (unless he said this elsewhere). The remark about guy saying he signs where ever the most money comes in response to him saying something about one offer not compared to any others. McGuffey says guy is probably right.

How does that indicate anything about the Sox offer being less? He very well could mean he thinks the Cards are front runners but he could just mean what it seems like whoever offers the most will get him. He heards of one offer not the other

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMcGuffey/sta...729426323099651

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
Matter of semantics but isn't this the same thing?

Not at all. He assumed by significant it meant higher. Maybe it was higher, maybe not. Then someone said the White Sox made a phenomenal offer. How come JR is cheap?

How much would you pay for him?

The guy might have decent sources but he got played by a fake DM.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:40 PM)
Not at all. He assumed by significant it meant higher. Maybe it was higher, maybe not. Then someone said the White Sox made a phenomenal offer. How come JR is cheap?

I never blamed JR for this. If anything, it would be a failure by Hahn putting all the eggs in one basket and possibly not comprehending how desperate Cards would be. I don't think I would pay 30 mil (60) for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
I never blamed JR for this. If anything, it would be a failure by Hahn putting all the eggs in one basket and possibly not comprehending how desperate Cards would be. I don't think I would pay 30 mil (60) for him.

So he shouldn"t have taken a shot at him? For a guy who feels that way, your posts say something far different.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
So he shouldn"t have taken a shot at him? For a guy who feels that way, your posts say something far different.

How many other teams in the past have completely blown off the J2 signing period? I honestly don't know.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:46 AM)
Apparently we have gotten to the parsing individual words in tweets stage of the pursuit....

Like I said earlier, this is playing out like a mini version of the Decision.

LEBRON LIKED A PICTURE OF PIZZA THAT MEANS HE PICKED CHICAGO

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:40 AM)

On the one hand the Sox are peddling Quintana, for essentially a prospect the quality of Robert (plus some add-ons). And yet, in an open market, Q would go for almost triple Robert's value.

And then there is the fact that the Sox invested $25 mill in Shields, which happens to be the ballpark amount for Robert.

Given that, they should be willing to hit $25 mill or thereabouts.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 10:47 AM)
How many other teams in the past have completely blown off the J2 signing period? I honestly don't know.

They probably have some 300k guys lined up. They only sign one or 2 more than that anyway. They have $4.25 million to spend. Not exactly a ton.

Edited by Dick Allen

IMO Hahn stirred the coals a lot on fans excitement for Robert. Should be mentioned that a plan B for Robert is another marginal intl free agent class, which was only acceptable with Robert. If we lose out, it's a big tactical mistake to me.

How many trade targets for Sale and Q were intl signings? A ton. Gleybar, Robles, Meitan, Soto, Acuna. We are trading top ML talent and trying to make it up by acquiring guys we could have had for a few million if we just had a good intl free agent strategy. But we don't.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:48 PM)
Like I said earlier, this is playing out like a mini version of the Decision.

LEBRON LIKED A PICTURE OF PIZZA THAT MEANS HE PICKED CHICAGO

My favorite conspiracy this week was someone joking that Moncada was put on the DL so he could go recruit Robert. I just want to know what the 247 crystal balls predict