Catalanotto a FA

Cerbaho-WG

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

To be completely honest, I'd want Frank. He can play basically anything, except C, CF, and P.

To me he's Tony G with a better bat. I mean, last year he hit .330.

I'd definitely like an infield of Konerko, Cattalanotto, Jiminez/Valentin platoon, and Crede.

Now if we could find a catcher who isn't falling apart, being rushed, or just flat out sucks, maybe we'd be in business.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

To be completely honest, I'd want Frank. He can play basically anything, except C, CF, and P.

To me he's Tony G with a better bat. I mean, last year he hit .330.

I agree. I've liked him since I saw him in Comerica with the Tigers. Very versatile guy and a good bat. He shouldn't be that expensive either.

Here's some 4th OF options (we'll prolly get Singleton :( )

Palmeiro http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5441

Cat http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5907

Hollandworth

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5301

IMO, I'd go with Catalanotto, in about five seconds. He could be a very, very good leadoff guy while playing 2B. And, he'd provide stability, if Jose leaves after this season. Plus, he doesn't make many errors, and is a lefty.

Edit: Cat link edited

I do like the guy but how exactly would we use him? You say he cant play catcher or centerfield and those are our two main weaknesses. Jiminez has second and Manos has short (as much as I do dislike him). Crede has third, PK first and Frank DH. Carlos and Maggs are the obvious corner outfielders unless Carlos is dealt in a trade for pitching and then FC would be a good pickup to start in left, but unless that happens theres no point. Graffys good enough of the bench and he does his job we dont need to replace him...

Originally posted by doubleM23

Id definitely like an infield of Konerko, Cattalanotto, Jiminez/Valentin platoon, and Crede.

Now if we could find a catcher who isnt falling apart, being rushed, or just flat out sucks, maybe we be in business.

No platoon, Jimenez must play. He's our leadoff hitter.

They love this guy. I am an Angel fan. I go to about 20 angel games a year and this guy flat out hustles. He hit .300 last year and his career avg. hovers right around their.

My buddies that are big angel fans also love this guy. We are all sitting here wondering why the Angels are letting him go.

The Molina's are pretty well liked by most. I don't like them because I think that they still have a good amount to learn. Still, Bengie is pretty well liked, and no one really knows much about Jose(I think he's better)

Their other brother is a pretty highly thought of catching prospect in the Cards organization.