Favirote Sox Closer

Who is your favirote Sox Closer  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favirote Sox Closer

• Bobby Thigpen
    • Roberto Hernandez
    • Keith Foulke
    • Other--indicate who.

Definately Bobby Thigpen. loved his name when I was younger and I learned to appreciate him as a ballplayer as I got older. I even tried to make Thigpen37 my name when I joined this site in February, but through a system of errors, I ended up choosing 1549 which I am quite happy with.

Go Thigpen, and your 57 saves!

None Of The Above?

The Sox have never had a closer who really excited me.

Thigpen had the great season, but I was never really relaxed when he came in.

The lasting memory I have of him is a Lee Stevens 9th inning grand slam off him - it's NOT good when that's your lasting memory of a guy.

I like Marte, and I hope the Sox let him close for a while.

I am going to go with Billy Koch. He sucked this year, but I loved how he could joke about it. I also love how he just goes up there and flings it. I liked him years ago on the Blue Jays. I think he will be back next year. He isn't the best Sox closer ever, nowhere near, but that's not the question here.

I am going to go with Billy Koch. He sucked this year, but I loved how he could joke about it. I also love how he just goes up there and flings it. I liked him years ago on the Blue Jays. I think he will be back next year. He isn't the best Sox closer ever, nowhere near, but that's not the question here.

Botch would be my favorite if I was always betting against the Sox :bang

Matt Karchner, Bobby Howry, Salome Barojas

None Really.

Hernandez was Ok but sometimes was shaky. I remember a homer that Bob Hamelin had off him that ended way back in the fountain at KC.

Foulke was good when he had the good Fastball

The Goose brang GAS!!!

Looks like Bobby thigpens record is save. the only thing Gagne can do is tie him. Cuase the Dodgers have a Double Header tommorow. Gagne has 55 saves

He won't tie him. If they do sweep the DH, what are the odds that both games will come down to a save situation. You do know that if he has a shot at tying Thigpen, Tracy's going to put him in.

If you only need one save to qualify....Antonio Osuna. Scariest pitcher for Sox fans to ever wear the uniform....you knew your heart was going to race every time he came in.

But his fist pump after he struck out that f***wad Sosa in the 5-4 win the day after the 13-9 beauty of a game was CLASSIC. Worth everything we ever gave up for him, IMO.

If you only need one save to qualify....Antonio Osuna.  Scariest pitcher for Sox fans to ever wear the uniform....you knew your heart was going to race every time he came in.

But his fist pump after he struck out that f***wad Sosa in the 5-4 win the day after the 13-9 beauty of a game was CLASSIC.  Worth everything we ever gave up for him, IMO.

Osuna qualifies...but for every game I loved him there was a game I hated him.

If you only need one save to qualify....Antonio Osuna.  Scariest pitcher for Sox fans to ever wear the uniform....you knew your heart was going to race every time he came in.

But his fist pump after he struck out that f***wad Sosa in the 5-4 win the day after the 13-9 beauty of a game was CLASSIC.  Worth everything we ever gave up for him, IMO.

Oh I agree.

But that one moment will stick with me for the rest of my life. No other closer has given me that(except Foulke, if you catch my drift :angry: :bang )

Oh I agree.

But that one moment will stick with me for the rest of my life. No other closer has given me that(except Foulke, if you catch my drift :angry: :bang )

hey that just gave me an idea for a new thread, thanks witesoxfan

Best part about that was ShamME felt like Osuna showed him up afterwards..... what with Soso's stare back at him and Soso telling the media afterwards that he, "no show newon up."

:fyou Hop to the Fist-Pump Motherf***er :fyou