Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 11:00 PM)
At this point, I'd be happy if the Tigers go 3-6 and the Sox go 4-6. That would get the 3rd pick.

But deep down, you know the Sox are dropping to 4th.

If that happens the Tigers should get some sort of trophy for that accomplishment in tanking so quickly.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be bleeping kidding me with this win. Useless win and I bet we end up 4th now. In a season designed to get a top two pick we fail at that. At least a few guys look good moving forward. And hopefully someone in the NLDS knocks the Cubs off. If they win another title or two our organization may be wrecked in this city.

Thursday:

Won- White Sox, Padres, Braves

Lost- Phillies, Tigers, Reds

10 days left

Team (Games left) - Sox Magic Number to have higher pick:

1. Giants(9) - 11 (-1.5 GB)*

2. Phillies(9) - 11 (-1.5 GB)**

3. White Sox(10)

4. Tigers(9) - 9 (+1.5 GA)***

5. Mets(10) - 6

6. Reds(9) - 6

7. Braves(11) - 4

8. Padres(9) - 3

9. Pirates(9) - 2

10. A's(10) - 3

*The Sox need to be 1.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Giants

**The Sox need to be 1.5 game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Phillies

***The Tigers need to be 1.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Sox

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
*The Sox need to be 1.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Giants

**The Sox need to be 1.5 game worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Phillies

***The Tigers need to be 1.5 games worse with the remaining schedule to have a higher pick than the Sox

This is gonna be a tight one and a fun end of the year, folks.

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 10:22 PM)
Yeah, useless wins like any of the ones we've seen recently turn into garbage time heroes like Carson Fulmer, as opposed to an Andrew Benintendi on draft day.

It's far to soon to be going around calling Carson "garbage" but I actually was pissed on draft day when the Red Sox picked Benitendi.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 12:28 AM)
It's far to soon to be going around calling Carson "garbage" but I actually was pissed on draft day when the Red Sox picked Benitendi.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 10:43 PM)
This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Perhaps you'll mature a bit after a little "vacation".q

Insults aside, you're preaching to the choir here man... flavum and I have been two of the biggest advocates for losses so far this season... but by all means, keep coming up with those heroic insults.

You're hysterical.

Kisses...

:wub:

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 12:28 AM)

Yeah no kidding dude. I preferred Benintendi as well but once he came off the board I was fine with drafting Fulmer. As for Fulmer being garbage, some folks should quit their day jobs and become scouts. After all, 23 is the new 33 so it's time for Carson to hang up his cleats and think about a new career as a pitching coach. :P

Kudos to you hi8is for keeping a cool head in your last few posts. :headbang

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 01:06 AM)
Perhaps you'll mature a bit after a little "vacation".q

Insults aside, you're preaching to the choir here man... flavum and I have been two of the biggest advocates for losses so far this season... but by all means, keep coming up with those heroic insults.

You're hysterical.

Kisses...

:wub:

What was said lol PM me.

Edit: just looking at your response to his initial post, it was a fair assessment. I don't know why he would turn to insults.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 12:24 PM)
I need 0-10 to finish the season, or 1-9 but the only win coming in the last game of the regular season.

Your definitely getting one loss with Cover on the mound tomorrow, the other 2 against KC are up in the air. You might get a sweep with Cleveland though.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
It would be helpful for the Giants, Phillies, and Tigers to all go 5-4 in their last 9. Then the #1 pick would only require 4-6.

If the Sox go 4-6, I will have no complaints about their pick position. It's just too bad the Tigers have a terrible roster and they've given up--including Ausmus.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
...even if the worst happens, picking 5th wouldn't be the end of the world.

Truth. I just selfishly want to cut off speculation above us so we can all speculate endlessly without restriction. :lolhitting

Edited by hi8is