5/31 Games

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 31, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Adolfo still has a long way to go, but hitting his 15th double before June is promising.

Yeah, aside from injuries, he wasn't really showing any of his tools prior to this year. That his power is finally developing is a big step. He should spend year in Kanny though.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
Yeah, aside from injuries, he wasn't really showing any of his tools prior to this year. That his power is finally developing is a big step. He should spend year in Kanny though.

Most definitely. I want to see his walk rate improve before I even consider a promotion to Winston Salem.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)

He finally seems to be getting his feet underneath him for the first time. There is no need to rush him for sure.

We've talked about bringing winning groups up together. Really like how Kannapolis is playing. If we're gonna talk about intangibles, having both coastal carolina guys there with adolfo and booker and zevala seems to be creating a good atmosphere.

Winston salem needs a lot of help. After the draft wouldn't mind seeing some move up but move as a group.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 31, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
We've talked about bringing winning groups up together. Really like how Kannapolis is playing. If we're gonna talk about intangibles, having both coastal carolina guys there with adolfo and booker and zevala seems to be creating a good atmosphere.

Winston salem needs a lot of help. After the draft wouldn't mind seeing some move up but move as a group.

I think by July if not earlier, you'll see a bunch of guys move up - Zavala, Booker, Fisher, maybe one of the middle infielders, along with Hansen, maybe Lambert, and some of the relievers in Kanny (there are a few decent ones). Not much blocking any of them in W-S except at catcher, but I think Collins ends up in BHAM by then. That clears room for some draft picks to filter up to Kanny too.

I'd like to see Adolfo stay in Kanny for most or all of the year though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 31, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
I think by July if not earlier, you'll see a bunch of guys move up - Zavala, Booker, Fisher, maybe one of the middle infielders, along with Hansen, maybe Lambert, and some of the relievers in Kanny (there are a few decent ones). Not much blocking any of them in W-S except at catcher, but I think Collins ends up in BHAM by then. That clears room for some draft picks to filter up to Kanny too.

I'd like to see Adolfo stay in Kanny for most or all of the year though.

Yeah, definitely keep Adolfo down, but maybe move up the 4 year college guys together.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ May 31, 2017 -> 06:00 PM)
This guy is a mess.

? I mean I get he only went 4 innings, but he gave up no walks and threw roughly 2/3 of his pitches for strikes. He also didn't give up any homeruns. Unless they were hard hits, I'd actually consider this a promising start all things considered.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 31, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
? I mean I get he only went 4 innings, but he gave up no walks and threw roughly 2/3 of his pitches for strikes. He also didn't give up any homeruns. Unless they were hard hits, I'd actually consider this a promising start all things considered.

Ya certainly not great but not the worst start in the world either.

Bats are doing work in Charlotte. 3 walks for Yoan too.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 31, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)

I don't know how to respond to this. I guess I have higher aspirations.

How's a 2.0 whip a positive?

That he didn't give up even more earned runs? Eight hits in 4...all soft contact? Or because 0 walks?

On the other hand, you should be putting away a lot more hitters via the k with that many pitches and his reported stuff.

Edited by caulfield12