Red Sox vs. White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 31, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
Long term I think he slots in nicely at 6/7 in a good lineup.

I'd agree. I was fine with him batting lead off last year because it created a nice little spark but he's obviously not a long term lead off hitter. Kid has some pop and should slot nicely into the 6(or 7) spot in the order long term.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the White Sox front office is breathing a sigh of relief they didn't sign Masahiro Tanaka just about now?

Between Shark, Cespedes (not sure how serious that actually was), extending Frazier, signing Alex Gordon...lots of pretty fortunate misses to what could have been crippling contracts for a rebuilding team.

Also pretty lucky to trade Eaton at peak value before he got injured (again).

Tim Anderson all the way up to a 693 OPS. Davidson still has a productive/cost-efficient 830 OPS that would make Adam Dunn proud.

And Kevan Smith is the one player on the active roster I won't be sorry to see pushed out.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 31, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
Yolmer is playing with a lot of swag. Even on the routine plays he's really firing the ball over to Jose with some flair.

It is a pleasure to watch him play defense. He's very smooth/graceful. Similar in a lot of ways to Alexei.

Pelfrey is pitching his way into having a Top 150-200 prospect, lol?

That would be amusing if Holland, Shields, Pelfrey and MiGo (Robertson/Swarzak/Jones, etc.) brought enough pieces back to at least halfway offset not being able to trade Quintana.

Btw, I thought "swag" was something the A-List actors got on the red carpet for the Oscars and Golden Globes, lol...those luxurious gift bags.