6/1 Games

flavum

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?con...83&sid=milb

This will make you just a little bit sick. Looks like Tatis Jr. actually has the range and athleticism to play SS, at least right now.

Moncada 5 for his last 39 with 14 strikeouts. 7 walks.

.128 BA, but scored 8 runs and had 7 RBI's at least.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 1, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)

Micker has his batting average over .290, and his OPS over 800. That OPS is almost 200 points higher than when he was at Kanny last year. His K rate is still up there, but he only has 4 over his last 20 ABs so maybe that is even coming around with some confidence? We can hope.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:05 AM)
Micker has his batting average over .290, and his OPS over 800. That OPS is almost 200 points higher than when he was at Kanny last year. His K rate is still up there, but he only has 4 over his last 20 ABs so maybe that is even coming around with some confidence? We can hope.

Yeah it's down to 28% which is trending correctly.

If he can get to sub 25% by the half season mark that would be a huge boost.

What a nice surprise, I was at point where I just didn't acre for the "he's still young" excuse after so little production his first 4 years. But, goes to show that development is not a linear path.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
Yeah it's down to 28% which is trending correctly.

If he can get to sub 25% by the half season mark that would be a huge boost.

What a nice surprise, I was at point where I just didn't acre for the "he's still young" excuse after so little production his first 4 years. But, goes to show that development is not a linear path.

He is still only 20. He turns 21 in September.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
He is still only 20. He turns 21 in September.

I am super pumped for him, I am not discounting what he's doing now, just saying it came at the right time, where i was just about to give up on him in aprila fter another sluggish start.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:14 AM)
I am super pumped for him, I am not discounting what he's doing now, just saying it came at the right time, where i was just about to give up on him in aprila fter another sluggish start.

Sure. It kind of reminds me a lot of Avi's situation. You have rookies coming up who are as old, or older than he is, yet he has been in the majors for parts of five seasons. Adolfo got pushed into rookie ball at 17 and has been around for parts of four season now. Seems like he has been here forever. Realistically, if he had graduated HS and was at this level at 20 years old, he would just now be around level/age appropriate.