6/2 Games

Sleepy Harold

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20170602

Charlotte (26-26) at Buffalo (28-23), Fulmer vs Grube, MiLB.tv, 6:05 CT

Chattanooga (29-24) at Birmingham (18-34), Jorge vs TBD, MiLB.tv, 7:05 CT

Wilmington (27-26) at Winston Salem (18-36), Rodgers vs Banks, MiLB.tv, 6:00 CT

Greensboro (28-25) at Kannapolis (29-23), Beggs vs Solorzano, 6:05 CT

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 12:15 AM)
I think Fulmer is ready to come up and take his lumps and get experience under Coop. It's not like last year when they were hoping he'd be part of a staff that could compete.

He's about to implode again. His command is garbage right now. Honestly he's done nothing to deserve a promotion to the majors besides being a high pick.

Four walks, though.

Moncada error led to one of the runs being unearned. Kind of a mixed bag of results.

Keep thinking Lopez is the only one to make it (as a starter) from AAA, with Giolito morphing into Luke Hochevar and Fulmer into Addison Reed. Sincerely hope I'm wrong about Giolito, seems like a great kid and one you definitely can root hard for.

Moncada 2/4 with RBI and SB (2 for a total of 12), 6th error.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 08:18 PM)
Four walks, though.

Moncada error led to one of the runs being unearned. Kind of a mixed bag of results.

Keep thinking Lopez is the only one to make it (as a starter) from AAA, with Giolito morphing into Luke Hochevar and Fulmer into Addison Reed. Sincerely hope I'm wrong about Giolito, seems like a great kid and one you definitely can root hard for.

Moncada 2/4 with RBI and SB (2 for a total of 12), 6th error.

Jim Margalus at SSS put a Gavin Floyd comp on Giolito and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I think he'll eventually stick as a SP, but making that happen definitely looks like a long-term project right now.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
Jim Margalus at SSS put a Gavin Floyd comp on Giolito and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I think he'll eventually stick as a SP, but making that happen definitely looks like a long-term project right now.

Floyd had a similar curveball...and not so many moving pieces in terms of basic mechanics.

Matt Purke got lit up, btw. Need to find another lefty.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)

Told my buddy the same comp the other day. Big guys, great frame for pitchers, former 1st round picks who were known since high school with big fastballs at the time. Outstanding curveballs, have/had mechanic issues and mentally at times. Giolito was the better prospect and I think he'll be a better pro, but I will gladly take Floyd's peak 09-11 years from Gio in the future.

Edited by SoxAce