6/3 Games

flavum

Some interesting names on this roster and some interesting names not on it. Recent signings: IF Amado Nunez, C Jhoandro Alfaro, C Carlos Perez, RHP Edinxon Arias, OF Franklin Reyes should all be stateside for AZL or Great Falls this year.

Looking at this roster: 2014 RHP Nelson Acosta headlines the pitching staff, he was really good last year and could see time in the AZL as well. Jenderson Caraballo ($350K), Ramon Pineda (younger bro of Michael Pineda), and Brayan Herrera were all 2017 signings. Yender Silva signed for $100K in 2015.

Catchers: Ulises Martinez signed in 2015 for $50K and Kleyder Sanchez was a 2017 signing

Infielders: Harvin Mendoza was one of team's top signings in 2015, Brayant Nova got $100K to sign in 2015 and Santo Vasquez was a $350K signing in 2015

Outfielders: Luis Robert is the big ticket and he'll likely move to the AZL or Great Falls once those seasons start. Josue Guerrero was next biggest 2017 signing at $1.1 million and he could also play in the AZL this year. Luis Mieses and Anderson Comas are also 2017 signing period signings for $428K and $425K respectively.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=m...itting/2017/ALL

The Collins k's are alarming, but an 848 ops coming into today is more than respectable. It's actually within hailing distance of Moncada and Delmonico.

Still, that's the second time we took the "best college hitter" in a decade, with Beckham the first. Rodon and Fulmer the best college pitchers those draft years.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
4 of the 5. Still, a hitting streak is a hitting streak. He's picked up his average quite a bit. I'm sure that will continue as the weather gets warmer.

Something that is either a good sign (to me it is) or concerning is that he has huge splits. To me, would much rather he at least destroy righties

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 04:59 PM)
You're welcome. Btw, who do you want them to draft?

I love what Kendall could bring to this system/team. He's my favorite position player prospect. If somehow Baukaukus fell to 11, I'd be all over him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
I mean you're right, he's got work to do. But realistically he's probably focusing his efforts on the defensive side of the game like most young catchers do.

And he's still rocking an OBP close to .400 and hitting for good power. We'd all like to see him striking out less and hitting for a higher average but I feel like he's made a significant stride forward so far this year.