6/4 MiLB Games

daggins

Two things - he was due for a slump, given that he's carried a .400+ BABIP for most of the season, and also, he's returning from an injury, which might be nagging him a bit. He should still be up in July, which was probably the plan all along.

The lost timing from the hand injury also makes sense...although he was already beginning to struggle when that issue arose.

Delmonico, Asche and Blair © the only ones alive offensively.

Burdi struggling yet again...a bit of a worrisome trend considering he's supposed to be the dominant, lockdown closer of the future. Double, k, wild pitch, walk, walk. Especially considering it's an 8-3 blowout.

Center cut fastball, seems May could/should have caught it, two runs score. ERA up to 4.64 now. Gets dp ball to escape further damage.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 07:43 PM)
The lost timing from the hand injury also makes sense...although he was already beginning to struggle when that issue arose.

Delmonico, Asche and Blair © the only ones alive offe

Burdi struggling yet again...a bit of a worrisome trend considering he's supposed to be the dominant, lockdown closer of the future. Double, k, wild pitch, walk, walk.

Should never take a closer in the first round of the draft

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 02:51 PM)

On draft night last year they were in contention and I think the plan was for him to be up before the end of the season. It was a bad pick then and looks even worse now that they're in a rebuild.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
On draft night last year they were in contention and I think the plan was for him to be up before the end of the season. It was a bad pick then and looks even worse now that they're in a rebuild.

Right. It was a win-now pick. Collins was the #1 pick for the future, and Burdi was the bonus pick they talked themselves into thinking he could help in the stretch drive, a la Finnegan for the Royals.

Burdi may still be a good piece to the rebuild, but you never know with power arms.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)
Right. It was a win-now pick. Collins was the #1 pick for the future, and Burdi was the bonus pick they talked themselves into thinking he could help in the stretch drive, a la Finnegan for the Royals.

Burdi may still be a good piece to the rebuild, but you never know with power arms.

Good point. Don't think they would have taken him if they were committed to rebuilding at that time.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 02:51 PM)

I wanted Dakota Hudson in place of burdi last year. Thought he had a chance of beginning a starter in the majors. I'm not working burdi off, but I am very against drafting relievers early when other positions are harder to fill.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)

They also planned to start Burdi at one point before changing their minds on that stance.

Collins 7 game hitting streak. Has hit in 10 of last 11 games. Average starting to slowly climb.

Edited by SoxAce