Draft Prospect Preview: Austin Beck

NorthSideSox72

Beck's the most interesting of the prospects potentially available around when the Sox pick to me. I'm a little hesitant because of our inability to develop hitters, but someone like Kendall I'd be even more hesitant on due to the strikeouts.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
Great lower body action but IMO he could stand to clean up that cocking mechanism somewhat. Good looking athlete.

His hands seem to have quieted down depending on what video source you're looking at... this one shows him more consistently stable:

QUOTE (almagest @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 01:06 PM)
Beck's the most interesting of the prospects potentially available around when the Sox pick to me. I'm a little hesitant because of our inability to develop hitters, but someone like Kendall I'd be even more hesitant on due to the strikeouts.

Reminder that the Sox have a new development staff.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 05:49 PM)
Reminder that the Sox have a new development staff.
Sure, but Kendall's strikeouts are really high, and I don't have any faith yet that we can be the first team to turn someone with his K rate in college into a productive player.

If something crazy happens and Haseley, Beck, and Kendall are all there for the Sox at #11, this forum will be torn to shreds with 2nd guessing. I kind of hope, for all our sanity, that only one of them makes it to #11 and we can all breathe when we know we got the only one possible.'

Then again, instant fear of "omg, what if they don't take him! What if they pass on him for Burger!" or similar could certainly crop up.

Either way, I took the day off work on Monday and I am very exiting to be sitting my happy ass on there website with the TV and twitter going to track all the draft picks.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:43 AM)
If something crazy happens and Haseley, Beck, and Kendall are all there for the Sox at #11, this forum will be torn to shreds with 2nd guessing. I kind of hope, for all our sanity, that only one of them makes it to #11 and we can all breathe when we know we got the only one possible.'

Then again, instant fear of "omg, what if they don't take him! What if they pass on him for Burger!" or similar could certainly crop up.

Either way, I took the day off work on Monday and I am very exiting to be sitting my happy ass on there website with the TV and twitter going to track all the draft picks.

Draft isn't until 7 PM.