June 9th Game Thread: White Sox at Cleveland Indians

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Farmer and DJ made a point about Leury always doing crazy plays, backward flips during drills...holding onto the ball a beat or two in center to dare the runner to advance so he can show off his arm.

Someone's gotta clean that up. We know Cabrera and Abreu suck, but we need to get Anderson and Leury more focused out there.

Seems Asche is quintessential AAAA player, 1.167 ops with climbing numbers of at-bats. Getting close to writing off Rymer Liriano.

Edited by caulfield12

Oh boy, we're playing Cleveland again. Any chance baseball changes the format some day to where there are fewer games against division foes? It's really bizarre they do it this way. Cleveland should sweep easily considering the Sox are in their freefall after the good start.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 07:52 PM)
Farmer and DJ made a point about Leury always doing crazy plays, backward flips during drills...holding onto the ball a beat or two in center to dare the runner to advance so he can show off his arm.

Someone's gotta clean that up. We know Cabrera and Abreu suck, but we need to get Anderson and Leury more focused out there.

Seems Asche is quintessential AAAA player, 1.167 ops with climbing numbers of at-bats. Getting close to writing off Rymer Liriano.

Anreu sucks? Do you mean defensively or in general?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 12:59 AM)
I'm so f***ing sick of Melky.

He's a horrible baseball player, but ... you have to admit that was monumental when he got hit in the face very very HARD with a foul ball, stayed in the game and immediately followed with a base hit. Pretty tough guy.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 02:39 AM)
None of these 5th starters will have much trade value. Holland, Migo, Shields, Pelfrey, all of 'em. Might get a C+ prospect back at best.

None of those guys have any projected value to a contender. There's absolutely no reason any of them would take the field in a pennant race. Same goes for Frazier, Melky. Frazier and Melky will only mess up chemistry of a team not help in any way. Too limited of production. Also, Q's value is very very low right now. He's pitching like a guy who is hittable. Robertson will bring something useful, maybe Q as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
Wow Embarassing by Davidson

It's like clockwork...you know he's gonna throw the slider. Davidson's atbats are annoying to me. I've seen more than a few times where you know he's getting a low 90s fastball down the middle, and you know he's looking for it, but he just swings right through it like someone blew him away with a 100 mph pitch. He has no pitch recognition capabilities. He's a right handed adam Dunn who can play 3rd. He might have a future...but he's got a few more years of work left before he can even be considered a decent bench player in my opinion. From what I've seen, he doesnt know how to adjust.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 08:53 PM)
It's like clockwork...you know he's gonna throw the slider. Davidson's atbathat's annoying to me. I've seen more than a few times where you know he's getting a low 90s fastball down the middle, and you know he's looking for it, but he just swings right through it like someone blew him away with a 100 mph pitch. He has no pitch recognition capabilities. He's a right handed adam Dunn who can play 3rd. He might have a future...but he's got a few more years of work left before he can even be considered a decent bench player in my opinion. From what I've seen, he xoesnt know how to adjust.

He should start working out in the corner OF and 1B. Would drastically increase his chances of carving out a MLB career as a platoon bat.