Made it to the Knights game

Rduff12000

Saturday night at Coolray Field (Gwinnett Braves Park). Nice to see some of the guys you read about, actually play. The game was a nice pitchers duel until Giolito ran into trouble in the 7th.

Giolito sat at 91-92 (according to stadium gun). That surprised me. I thought he threw harder than that. He only got a couple of fastballs by hitters. Did not have the best command during this outing.

He did have a sharp breaking slider (87-88) that got a lot of called strikes. Not sure if he was throwing a curve or a change or both, but one of those pitches was coming in at 78-80. He did have a tendency to slow his arm action every 3-4 off speed pitches.

I really felt like he didn't have his best stuff on Friday, yet I looked at the board and he had only allowed 1 hit thru 5 innings.

Moncada didn't do a lot (2 walks), but he just flat out looks like a baseball player. I was wishing Sims would groove one, but he was on top of his game and didn't want any part of Moncada.

Delmonico was 0-4, but is a big guy with a nice swing. I could see him on a ML roster.

Anyway, that's my take. Thought I would share.

QUOTE (newbiesoxfan @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
Saturday night at Coolray Field (Gwinnett Braves Park). Nice to see some of the guys you read about, actually play. The game was a nice pitchers duel until Giolito ran into trouble in the 7th.

Giolito sat at 91-92 (according to stadium gun). That surprised me. I thought he threw harder than that. He only got a couple of fastballs by hitters. Did not have the best command during this outing.

He did have a sharp breaking slider (87-88) that got a lot of called strikes. Not sure if he was throwing a curve or a change or both, but one of those pitches was coming in at 78-80. He did have a tendency to slow his arm action every 3-4 off speed pitches.

I really felt like he didn't have his best stuff on Friday, yet I looked at the board and he had only allowed 1 hit thru 5 innings.

Moncada didn't do a lot (2 walks), but he just flat out looks like a baseball player. I was wishing Sims would groove one, but he was on top of his game and didn't want any part of Moncada.

Delmonico was 0-4, but is a big guy with a nice swing. I could see him on a ML roster.

Anyway, that's my take. Thought I would share.

Nice write-up, thanks for sharing!