White Sox Pick Wake Forest 1B Gavin Sheets in Round 2

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
I missed that. Interesting.

He said that he could likely handle Kannapolis but might need some seasoning initially in Great Falls. I bet he finishes the year in Kannapolis and begins next year at Winston Salem. Middle of 2019 trajectory.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)
He said that he could likely handle Kannapolis but might need some seasoning initially in Great Falls. I bet he finishes the year in Kannapolis and begins next year at Winston Salem. Middle of 2019 trajectory.

Damn, is he expected to move that quick?

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
2019 is too optimistic in my opinion. I'd say 2020 ETA is realistic for Burger and/or Sheets.

Yeah, I don't know enough about them but if the talent is there, I suppose it's possible one or both could be ready after two years in the minors. I was figuring the 2020 season but I'll happily take mid '19 too.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)

Typically the Sox like to send the advanced/college kids to MT, and they send the HS and younger kids to AZ, which is what I was going off of. The really advanced kid might only spend a few weeks in Great Falls though, that is pretty normal for the White Sox.