2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 24, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Derrick Rose away from the Cave and might retire.

I thought he made all his money from that Adidas deal. ESPN is saying: he still has seven seasons left on the 13-year, $185 million Adidas extension he signed in 2012. The brand is "absolutely" protected, according to an industry source familiar with NBA endorsement deal exit clauses.

If Rose files retirement paperwork with the league, the terms of any remaining years on the Adidas deal will not be paid out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 06:41 AM)
So the bulls lost by like 50 and Jordan Bell spent the whole post game embarrassing the bulls.

Kerr seemed happy to take part.

Things are going really well.

I flipped over to that for about 30 seconds to see what was going on. GS was even missing Durant and Green. Damn. Bulls gonna Bulls.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
I didn’t see the game but he only had 7 pts. What did i miss?

The move was dumb on draft day but didnt see great numbers last night.

You should look at the whole stat sheet. He’s a rookie C on a team that plays outside a lot. Was great on D. Looked much better than Felicio.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)

Dude stuffed the stat sheet. 6 Rebounds, 6 Blocks, 4 Assists, 2 Steals. Then kept flashing the money sign and saying "3.5" (million) afterwards. It was completely justified.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 12:17 PM)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 05:52 PM)
Dude stuffed the stat sheet. 6 Rebounds, 6 Blocks, 4 Assists, 2 Steals. Then kept flashing the money sign and saying "3.5" (million) afterwards. It was completely justified.

Article version

The Bell move wasn't as ridiculous as it looks because the Bulls wouldn't have picked him if GS didn't buy the pick. It still means there is a problem in GarPaxville, but if the Bulls had kept that pick, they probably would have selected some 2 guard who can't shoot, or a 1 who can't shoot or pass. Matt Lloyd leaving was a blow to this team. He is the reason they drafted Jimmy G. Buckets and Gibson. Once he left, the late picks went to s***.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
The Bell move wasn't as ridiculous as it looks because the Bulls wouldn't have picked him if GS didn't buy the pick. It still means there is a problem in GarPaxville, but if the Bulls had kept that pick, they probably would have selected some 2 guard who can't shoot, or a 1 who can't shoot or pass. Matt Lloyd leaving was a blow to this team. He is the reason they drafted Jimmy G. Buckets and Gibson. Once he left, the late picks went to s***.

Why not? On a rebuilding team, you don't pick from an area of need, you absolutely pick the BPA. I think Green may have been at the top of the list given he was projected as a late first round pick.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 12:09 AM)
Marvin Bagley III is a fantastic prospect. Whoever gets him in the draft will be very happy. Dude reminds me of a young Amar'e Stoudemire.

I hope he's a more well rounded player than Amar'e. In a top loaded draft like this, I would expect a franchise changing player with the first pick.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
Why not? On a rebuilding team, you don't pick from an area of need, you absolutely pick the BPA. I think Green may have been at the top of the list given he was projected as a late first round pick.

r because Pax said they didn't value anyone left on the board. The funny thing was the pick was acquired for Deng to get the Bulls under the luxury tax. Pax said they were going to put the saved resources back into the team.well they did give Wade 39 million for some reason.

Of all of JR'S loyalty employees, Gar Pax is IMO, the most inept. What they have done decision wise, let alone Gars rep for lying, Pax assaulting a coach, is mind boggling bad. They had some bad luck, but if Rose HD never been injured, they weren't going to win anyway.

RE: The draft

I feel like Bagley is #1 now, with it falling in this order:

1) Bagley

2) Doncic

3) Ayton

4) Porter (healthy)

5) Bamba

Of course Bagley has the most fit issues with Lauri, but maybe he can play new-age center or develop the handle to play SF.

QUOTE (Quin @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 02:13 PM)
RE: The draft

I feel like Bagley is #1 now, with it falling in this order:

1) Bagley

2) Doncic

3) Ayton

4) Porter (healthy)

5) Bamba

Of course Bagley has the most fit issues with Lauri, but maybe he can play new-age center or develop the handle to play SF.

They'll trade down to re-acquire Jordan Bell.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
$8M a year for that. I know the money is changing in the NBA but it's unbelievable. They guy was a nobody prospect who was decent in a small role in an injury riddled team. I just couldn't see him getting $20 million on the free market. Unbelievable.

I wouldn't be so quick to trop Porter out of 1-2 with his health in mind.

I actually think on the open market he probably gets something close to what the Bulls offered (if not better). He wasn't that bad in past years. It looks to me that he just isn't comfortable with the new system / players or he didn't put in the work after getting the contract. He's worse at all levels and much less active too. Not that he was ever uber talented. Contracts now a days are just brutal.