2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 09:21 AM)
I actually think Lopez is the glue that makes us competitive, our rebounding will be awful if he leaves.

Lopez is so damn solid. Will always root for him. Very much learned to appreciate him during his short Bulls career. But yes...if we are tanking to the fullest extent, they'll have to move him. Interior d, etc, will evaporate.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
While the win was fine and happy for lauri, that was actually a garbage game to watch and we barely beat the other very bad team in the east. I wouldn't buy my playoff tickets yet.

We'll never know what the answer is because Levine will miss way too much time and there are other injuries, so it was purely hypothetical. I still enjoyed it but that is because I was focused on watching Lauri.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
We'll never know what the answer is because Levine will miss way too much time and there are other injuries, so it was purely hypothetical. I still enjoyed it but that is because I was focused on watching Lauri.

If Hoiberg went to an 8 man rotation and ran team to the ground I think we could make playoffs. But our bench is truly miserable (i've seen them go in and we'll be down by 20 in 5 minutes pretty much every game) and Hoiberg is playing every one of em.

Re: Jason's hot takes & more

Agreed on Lauri. He's shown way more than what was being said during the draft. He can put it on the floor, has the mindset to go hard and dunk and that three point shot is pure.

I'm torn on keeping RoLo or not. He's the type of veteran that is great for a locker room full of inexperience and I'd love him in a Kurt Thomas/Brad Miller leader role. On the other hand, tank on.

Portis needs to go. Niko's value is gone while he's out with a broken face.

The Bulls are still bad, but this is the draft where they need a Top 3 for the rebuild.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 09:46 AM)
If Hoiberg went to an 8 man rotation and ran team to the ground I think we could make playoffs. But our bench is truly miserable (i've seen them go in and we'll be down by 20 in 5 minutes pretty much every game) and Hoiberg is playing every one of em.

Remember...Portis, Dunn, Lavine, Niko, and Zipser were all out yesterday. Not saying that is some massive upgrade (outside of Lavine) but most / if not all of those get minutes on the bench if they were on playoff teams. Who exactly did the Hawks have (at all)? Of course outside of Dunn/Zipser...they will all be out for a while anyway (or traded before they can come back).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
By the way, I completely agree...it is a bad scenario. I could live with it if it is because Lauri is a superstar, Levine comes back amazing (and continues an ascension) and Dunn becomes a beast. But I don't see all of those things happening (or at least not happening that fast).

But there are a lot of really really bad teams in this league. Like a lot. It's why I said in another post we need to move Lopez sooner vs. later (and I can also see then moving Mirotic sooner...albeit I think if you hold him a bit longer, he could pad his stats and actually create some value).

I think there are 12 teams in the East that are definitely better than the Bulls. Every team out West is probably better. I thought coming into the season that Bulls and Hawks were easily the two worst but New York might give them a challenge

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 11:54 AM)
Remember...Portis, Dunn, Lavine, Niko, and Zipser were all out yesterday. Not saying that is some massive upgrade (outside of Lavine) but most / if not all of those get minutes on the bench if they were on playoff teams. Who exactly did the Hawks have (at all)? Of course outside of Dunn/Zipser...they will all be out for a while anyway (or traded before they can come back).

The Hawks are probably the only team in the entire league worse than the Bulls though. They would have lost to damn near everyone else.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 05:48 PM)
Niko's him or me request seems reasonable. I wouldn't want to play or work with a guy who decked me, and knocked me out of action for a couple of months.

That's fine. Niko can't be traded until mid January though due to league rules which kind of puts them in a bind.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 2, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Perfect outcome for the Bulls last night. Markkanen looked great again with 25 and 8, Dunn flashed and looked pretty explosive and they lost a pretty close game. 1-5 on the season.

That first quarter dunk was nasty.