6/14 vs Orioles

flavum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)
They'll have no problem releasing him once they feel someone has earned that spot.

They have next to nothing invested in Gonzalez, let him get shelled until someone is ready to stick around up here.

I agree with this. I can't see any team saying to the Sox they want Gonzalez. Guy was great last year, but trash this year. He's 33 with big warning signs as his K/9 way down from his career norm, HR/9 way up. Guy just doesn't have it and is a DFA candidate come late July if he keeps it up.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)
I agree with this. I can't see any team saying to the Sox they want Gonzalez. Guy was great last year, but trash this year. He's 33 with big warning signs as his K/9 way down from his career norm, HR/9 way up. Guy just doesn't have it and is a DFA candidate come late July if he keeps it up.

He is the perfect ingredient to a formula comprising a rebuilding team waiting for a wave of elite prospects to get ready for the bigs down in the minors, and an organization in need for a high draft pick next season.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)
They'll have no problem releasing him once they feel someone has earned that spot.

They have next to nothing invested in Gonzalez, let him get shelled until someone is ready to stick around up here.

Agreed. You may get someone who claims him on waivers to eat the rest of his 2018 salary, but the most you are getting for him is a 40 FV guy with tools. Really, I don't see any harm in keeping him in the rotation until September 1st or even the end of the season, but there's no need for him in 2018. If they cut him prior to that point, so be it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 04:51 AM)
Agreed. You may get someone who claims him on waivers to eat the rest of his 2018 salary, but the most you are getting for him is a 40 FV guy with tools. Really, I don't see any harm in keeping him in the rotation until September 1st or even the end of the season, but there's no need for him in 2018. If they cut him prior to that point, so be it.

He's a FA after this year

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 10:55 PM)
Are they taking Pelfrey out of the rotation? Why would he pitch tonight?

Also, how many people are left? My power is out so can't watch

Shields has been announced as the starter Sunday. That may have something to do with it.