June 20th Game Thread: White Sox @Minnesota Twins

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 01:31 AM)
Minnesota always is pesky against the Sox. Piranhas Ozzie called em. Hopefully we get one this series or the downward spiral to oblivion might be back.

I have always hated the twins. As a kid all we got on the radio was twins broadcasts. Only good thing back then was the 18 Sox games I could listen to

Edited by elrockinMT

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:35 PM)
BTW, I am loving what we are getting from Davidson.

Yea he looks good. We are seeing more guys that can carry a 25-30% strikeout rate and still be productive MLB hitters. Davidson might be one.

Why the f*** does Smith get so much playing time over Narvaez? Narvaez' skill set isn't really platoon dependent. He's going to go 1-4 with a walk against L and R pitching most nights.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 12:37 AM)
Yea he looks good. We are seeing more guys that can carry a 25-30% strikeout rate and still be productive MLB hitters. Davidson might be one.

Why the f*** does Smith get so much playing time over Narvaez? Narvaez' skill set isn't really platoon dependent. He's going to go 1-4 with a walk against L and R pitching most nights.

I can't stand both the catchers. Can't wait for the platoon of Collins and Carson Kelly

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)
I can't stand both the catchers. Can't wait for the platoon of Collins and Carson Kelly

I like Narvaez. Any catcher that can carry a .350 OBP is OK by me.

That said, ideally he's a backup on the next good Sox team. He's like a 1-2 WAR type.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 01:39 AM)
I like Narvaez. Any catcher that can carry a .350 OBP is OK by me.

That said, ideally he's a backup on the next good Sox team. He's like a 1-2 WAR type.

Assuming Collins is the catcher on that team, I would prefer a righty back-up

God the Twins announcers are dumb. I guarantee you Pythag 70 odd games in predicts future record better than actual record. The Hard Ball Times did a study that showed actual record only predicts better after 100 or so games.

Run differential is absolutely not worthless. Ask the 2016 Cubs.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 01:50 AM)
I know you are kidding, but I do honestly think they should move the guy to center.

I know there has been that discussion but he wants to stay at second base. Can they change his mind? We don't have the depth in CF at this time.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 07:51 PM)
You rarely see a MLB player swing at a pitch that awful. That said, Engel isn't really a MLB player.

This is so over the top mean for no reason.