June 20th Game Thread: White Sox @Minnesota Twins

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 03:20 AM)
Awesome rebuild game

I was talking to some big time baseball aficionados today and telling them about the fans on this website wanting us to lose and they said that's ridiculous. The consensus was TWO TEAMS in baseball history have tanked well, Cubs was one team and I think Houston maybe the other and they said EVERYTHING BROKE right for them and in general it's a RIDICULOUS idea.

So I'm not the only one. These guys know their baseball folks and they said I was 100 percent right in saying tanking is a very stupid idea.

And they brought up Trout, not me.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to start any arguments so ignore this if it angers you, but my gawd how can anybody want us to lose to these f***ers, the Minnesota Twins. Damn the Twins and their fans PISS ME OFF.

They've owned us for a long time. I despise them.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:24 PM)
I was talking to some big time baseball aficionados today and telling them about the fans on this website wanting us to lose and they said that's ridiculous. The consensus was TWO TEAMS in baseball history have tanked well, Cubs was one team and I think Houston maybe the other and they said EVERYTHING BROKE right for them and in general it's a RIDICULOUS idea.

So I'm not the only one. These guys know their baseball folks and they said I was 100 percent right in saying tanking is a very stupid idea.

And they brought up Trout, not me.

The Royals tanked for twenty years...eventually they started picking the right guys in the high first round.

The Marlins, after 1997. World Series again in 2003.

The Indians in the 2001-2002 time period, but couldn't close the deal in 2007.

The A's have done it pretty well over the years.

Edited by caulfield12

Avi with the yips in right field. Looking like a Little Leaguer. Oh well. Baseball is a cruel game. You can look great then look like the biggest bumbling player in the world.

Poor Avi. Will this performance turn him back into the old Avi in right?