Quintana

ScootsMcGoots

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
Yep, lol.

Jesus, this is such bulls***.

Do you recognize how condescending and just f***ing rude it comes off when you guys post this?

Put your almighty wisdom on the line and tell us what we should expect then.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 06:59 PM)
Agreed some of these proposals are ludicrous.

We have to trust the organization to make the right call with regards to the return. With so much at stake in trading quintana, I'm sure it will be a very calculated return.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)

Do you recognize how condescending and just f***ing rude it comes off when you guys post this?

We are all outsider fans (for the most part) here. None of us really know what will happen.

Until a trade happens it's impossible to say whether we will be happy or not

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
We are all outsider fans (for the most part) here. None of us really know what will happen.

Until a trade happens it's impossible to say whether we will be happy or not

Yeah, I know...this is just fun for fans to pass the time while we cheer for a rotten team.

No need to constantly piss on all of us and then not offer your own thoughts.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
Yeah, I know...this is just fun for fans to pass the time while we cheer for a rotten team.

No need to constantly piss on all of us and then not offer your own thoughts.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

I threw some proposals out there for fun. Maybe they are insane to some? But I don't think they are.

No need for any poster to be condecending, but provide alternative facts proposals of your own to further discussion.

White Sox won't deal quintana unless the return makes sense

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 01:52 AM)
Gonna miss Q when he's gone.

When he is right, he is an awfully fun pitcher to watch.

Sale and Q would be quite a 1-2 punch for a contending team. Oops. Robin couldn't do s*** with them, LOL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
Sale and Q would be quite a 1-2 punch for a contending team. Oops. Robin couldn't do s*** with them, LOL.

You are absolutely correct, Comrade Greg. Ozzieink Guillenski vould have led them to many, many rings large enough in size to kill a man.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 05:02 AM)
You are absolutely correct, Comrade Greg. Ozzieink Guillenski vould have led them to many, many rings large enough in size to kill a man.

It's ridiculous to trade a guy as dominant as Sale. Sale and Q are quite a potent 1-2 and Robin could do nothing with that combo. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)
Don't look now, but Q is on pace for a 4 WAR season.

Last 5 starts

30.1 IP, 2.5/1 K/BB, 1.79ERA, 1.10WHIP 30K

He likely has 4-5 more starts before the deadline.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 06:37 AM)
On pace for 3.7 fWAR....but correcting for recent trend could give you 4-4.50

#16-21 at current fWAR at 1.8

4.01 fip, 4.21 xfip

3. Archer

13. Vargas

14. Shark (big contract)

18. Nova?

20. Q

21. Darvish

The good news is the AL wild card race is wide open, so I don't envision Archer & Darvish being made available unless those teams really fall apart. I don't think those other pitchers really impact Q's market. Quintana is a legit TOR starter and cost-controlled, providing a much different short-term & long-term value proposition than those other three guys. Gray is really the only comparable player I can think of and he comes with one less year of control and hasn't shown the durability Quintana has. Having said that, even with both guys available this should still be a seller's market.

I still think one of the Yankees or Astros ultimately lands him and that most of us will happy with the package. He just needs to keep pitching well and the market will be there.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 07:35 AM)
The good news is the AL wild card race is wide open, so I don't envision Archer & Darvish being made available unless those teams really fall apart. I don't think those other pitchers really impact Q's market. Quintana is a legit TOR starter and cost-controlled, providing a much different short-term & long-term value proposition than those other three guys. Gray is really the only comparable player I can think of and he comes with one less year of control and hasn't shown the durability Quintana has. Having said that, even with both guys available this should still be a seller's market.

I still think one of the Yankees or Astros ultimately lands him and that most of us will happy with the package. He just needs to keep pitching well and the market will be there.

Rangers have also said they don't want to trade Darvish and hope to extend him. That can change however.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 06:25 PM)
Which is exactly why he can't be the centerpiece to a Quintana trade. Yes, you want multiple waves of talent in a rebuild, but it's absolutely critical to have that first wave or two be filled with boatloads of talent so you actually have a quality foundation to build around. You don't trade your most valuable trade asset for a guy 5+ years when you still have significant positional gaps in the top half of your system. We desperately to need a few more high ceiling bats that can be paired with Moncada, Robert, Collins, Burger, etc. in the next 2 to 3 years.

We just spent $50 million and two years of international signings on a guy that isn't that far away from the same time schedule, and who hadn't played competitive baseball for a full year. If it takes him an extra year or two to get here, but it is the sort of talent that is being talked about, he is worth more than any of the no power middle IFs that are being talked instead of him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
A scout compared Calhoun to Altuve offensively this week

This sounds like one of those posts that will get posted over and over for a decade by Sox fans if they trade for the guy and he doesn't attain that level.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)

A clear step short of how much is in this post though.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 07:50 AM)
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/06/28/jos...kees-white-sox/

"There were 10 clubs watching Quintana pitch Wednesday evening at Guaranteed Rate Field, where Quintana fired 6 1/3 scoreless innings and allowed two hits and four walks while striking out six in his team's 4-3 win."

:wub: :wub:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
A clear step short of how much is in this post though.

Yeah, perhaps, but someone has to call out this behavior.

It's not fair to mock the genuinely good conversation which, I can tell you, we darn well are going to need over the next few years around here to keep from killing ourselves.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 10:35 AM)
Farmer and DJ have really been harping on how he has changed how often and when he uses he curveball specificaly.

I havent read the article, but he is working much quicker than he was earlier in the year.

I still think Quintana has been screwed by the unannounced raising of the strike zone (low strikes getting called less frequently) that has caused him to experiment with other areas (high and inside). He seems to have corrected this by including the changeup more low?