Red Sox Targeting Frazier?

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
Owens is 25 in July and just got demoted to AA

https://www.overthemonster.com/2017/6/26/15...-red-sox-minors

His control is awful.

I certainly want to move Frazier, but we can get more interesting prospects than Swihart and Owens. Why help the Red Sox and get garbage back? Low level guys with some upside would be a much better move.

From who? Like I listed above, there's at least 5 alternative options and not many teams in need of a corner infielder.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
From who? Like I listed above, there's at least 5 alternative options and not many teams in need of a corner infielder.

I said if Boston is interested I would look for lower level prospects from A+ or A ball

Give me Darwinzon Hernandez or Bryan Mata over washed up guys like Owens/Swihart

From all the reports I have heard up until this point from insiders is that there is virtually no interest in Frazier. Swihart is exactly the kind of guy you should expect to get back in a trade and honestly should be happy to even get a guy like him. There is no market for him , face reality folks.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
I said if Boston is interested I would look for lower level prospects from A+ or A ball

Give me Darwinzon Hernandez or Bryan Mata over washed up guys like Owens/Swihart

And I'm sure the White Sox will. However, the Red Sox have the option to say "no" and look elsewhere since there are other options. The White Sox aren't in a position to stand their ground on what they want like they can with Quintana.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 08:40 AM)
Swihart has no trade value at this point, he cannot stay healthy and his production has been terrible. He's 25 years old and not getting any younger as well.

I'd much rather look for younger players that still have upside.

Frazier really doesn't either, especially with pending free agency and about $5 million in salary still due.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)
I'd prefer younger players with upside, but I'd be fine with an Owens / Swihart package. Swihart alone would be pretty awful at this point, but better than nothing, I suppose.

Which is about what Frazier is worth. I'd be fine with a deal like that. I mean it is either going to be that or guys who are super young and raw, but performing awfully in the low minors.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 04:53 PM)
I'm going to be fine with whatever they get for Frazier, especially because I doubt they'll eat any salary.

I won't be complaining about the return in the Frazier trade. I am convinced he's worth one very very low level prospect if that. Nobody wanted Adam Dunn; nobody in their right mind would want Frazier though he is a decent fielder.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
I won't be complaining about the return in the Frazier trade. I am convinced he's worth one very very low level prospect if that. Nobody wanted Adam Dunn; nobody in their right mind would want Frazier though he is a decent fielder.

I would think a team with no good options at the position would take a .750ish OPS with good D.

Speaking of Frazier, the three guys we traded for him are sure struggling. Frank Montas injured severely and somewhere in the Oakland system; Trayce Thompson, injured, but still has decent future; and Micah Johnson, buried somewhere as a non prospect.

Edited by oldsox

Gotta remember--we gave up Micah Johnson, Frankie Montas and Trayce Thompson for Frazier...at the time that was a big hit to our system. We might not come close to that haul now, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another team who would give up something of value outside of a washed-up injury-riddled guy who is not performing at the lower minor league levels. Current performance is heavily weighted, but recent history DOES still mean something. Todd Frazier is established, a good leader, can play a decent 3rd base and can get hot and carry a MLB team. When his swing is right, he's a consistent HR threat in the middle of the order--sometimes a change of scenery makes all the difference for a player like that.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
Speaking of Frazier, the three guys we traded for him are sure struggling. Frank Montas injured severely and somewhere in the Oakland system; Trayce Thompson, injured, but still has decent future; and Micah Johnson, buried somewhere as a non prospect.

Johnson is on the 40 man roster of the Braves and has been out all season with a broken wrist he suffered in spring training.