06/29 GT: NYY vs. CWS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
I know. I was just thinking how sad it is that it's still June and I can't look forward to any baseball games again the rest of the year. It's actually been this way the entire season for me. It's very bizarre to be fan of a team out of it on June 1. Nothing to look forward to, baseball wise. If we win a game it doesn't matter. If we lose it doesn't matter. Very sad that I have no desire to watch the Sox tonight or any night the rest of the year. I guess this could be the start of me losing interest in baseball completely which would please this board immensely.

I mean we're looking at 5 more years of this. I find it impossible to believe the Sox can be this bad for 3-5 more years and not lose all young baseball fans. Why would a kid in grade school or high school follow this horses*** team? Sox marketing must not be worried but I can't imagine this team being relevant for a long time to come.

Yet you watched the last 8 years knowing the Sox had zero chance. It must be like watching KU basketball in the NCAA tourney, knowing they have zero chance to win it all, but playing along anyway.

Engel should play every inning of every game the rest of the season (OK a day off once in a while). See if he can do it. He looks like a real-deal centerfielder defensively and is aggressive at the plate. I have no idea about future plate discipline. Looks like he's done an OK job of drawing walks in his minor league career.

ruptured right patella tendon for fowler, if you can believe it I actually ruptured BOTH mine at the same time.

That's an awful injury, way worse than ACL, I knew it when he did it, same mechanism as mine. Usually tho you're 30 lbs overweight and in your 30s and male and a weekend warrior when you do it though, not a 20 something pro athlete. FWIW I am 100% back 2.75 years in. Maybe a bit slower cutting on the tennis court and I don't play basketball anymore, but I hike (with weight loss and smarter weight training) and do everything I used to just as well.

That said, it's great he's having surgery tonight, the sooner you do the repair the sooner you get back and the less scar tissue you deal with. He'll be back. He'll get PRT as well.

Victur Cruz, Jimmy Graham also had the injury and Richards on the Angels. Cruz struggled to return, Graham and Richards have done well coming back.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 11:34 PM)
He has fun and is a good veteran presence. Plays hard all the time.

I am a big fan of his. Great attitude, loose, well liked. I'd like to see the sox keep him so they have a good veteran to lead these young guys during the rebuild. Put him at DH or 1B.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 05:44 AM)
lol

I think Ron883 is right. We might be in a rebuild but we need some vets on tgwcteam. Who do we realistically have in the system that can step in for Melky and Frazier? Another couple years maybe but not now. I think the trade chips are Robertson and Quintana for sure and maybe Swarzak and Kahnle