06/29 GT: NYY vs. CWS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 10:08 PM)
ruptured right patella tendon for fowler, if you can believe it I actually ruptured BOTH mine at the same time.

That's an awful injury, way worse than ACL, I knew it when he did it, same mechanism as mine. Usually tho you're 30 lbs overweight and in your 30s and male and a weekend warrior when you do it though, not a 20 something pro athlete. FWIW I am 100% back 2.75 years in. Maybe a bit slower cutting on the tennis court and I don't play basketball anymore, but I hike (with weight loss and smarter weight training) and do everything I used to just as well.

That said, it's great he's having surgery tonight, the sooner you do the repair the sooner you get back and the less scar tissue you deal with. He'll be back. He'll get PRT as well.

Victur Cruz, Jimmy Graham also had the injury and Richards on the Angels. Cruz struggled to return, Graham and Richards have done well coming back.

Chitown, how did you do both patellas at same time? How long was rehab?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 12:07 AM)
I think Ron883 is right. We might be in a rebuild but we need some vets on tgwcteam. Who do we realistically have in the system that can step in for Melky and Frazier? Another couple years maybe but not now. I think the trade chips are Robertson and Quintana for sure and maybe Swarzak and Kahnle

Some combination of Davidson, Delmonico, Sanchez (w/ Moncada to 2B), Willy, & Engel would replace these guys immediately. So to answer your question, we have a f***ton of options. Extending either guy is beyond a terrible idea and I like both of them as players. Melky in particular can't hit enough to make up for his inability to play a solid LF and the idea of just moving him to 1B is absurd.