Sox get three in futures game

southsider2k5

Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan 39m39 minutes ago Moncada, Kopech, Collins to represent #WhiteSox in Futures Game http://bit.ly/2slHn0v via @suntimes

Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 55m55 minutes ago Luis Sierra, a White Sox pregame instructor, will serve as a coach on the World Team

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan 39m39 minutes ago Moncada, Kopech, Collins to represent #WhiteSox in Futures Game http://bit.ly/2slHn0v via @suntimes

Scott MerkinVerified account @scottmerkin 55m55 minutes ago Luis Sierra, a White Sox pregame instructor, will serve as a coach on the World Team

I've always wondered who that dude is (referring to Sierra). Always see him around in the dugout and on the field playing catch before games. Now I know.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 11:57 AM)
I've always wondered who that dude is (referring to Sierra). Always see him around in the dugout and on the field playing catch before games. Now I know.

No relation to Abreu's best buddy Moises High Sierra?

Edited by caulfield12

• 2 weeks later...

Two things I noticed that may or may not mean something... None of the pitches to Moncada were actually strikes until he swung. I really loved how quickly Kopech worked. Hopefully he works that fast all of the time. With a guy that throws that hard, it has to really get the adrenaline pumping, don't let the hitters relax at all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 10:18 AM)
Two things I noticed that may or may not mean something... None of the pitches to Moncada were actually strikes until he swung. I really loved how quickly Kopech worked. Hopefully he works that fast all of the time. With a guy that throws that hard, it has to really get the adrenaline pumping, don't let the hitters relax at all.

Kopech will probably be the closer next season at some point.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
I hope to god that isn't the case. Kopech should be given every opportunity to start.

He will be. We have plenty of back end of the pen options. Kopech won't be one until he proves he cannot start.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
He will be. We have plenty of back end of the pen options. Kopech won't be one until he proves he cannot start.

Yeah, there is zero need to rush him that way. he would have to be an absolute bust as a starter to get moved to the pen. Maybe even multiple failures at starting in AAA before that would happen.