7/2 Games

caulfield12

Shame last nights Charlotte game ended up delayed. According to the box score Fulmer was looking pretty good. Man, watching this season for Giolito, Fulmer and Lopez has been a roller coaster ride.

Not worried about Fulmer or Lopez since I think both have the potential to become high energy closers if things don't work out for them as starters. Giolito is the one that concerns me a little but he's just 23 so he has time to come around.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
Shame last nights Charlotte game ended up delayed. According to the box score Fulmer was looking pretty good. Man, watching this season for Giolito, Fulmer and Lopez has been a roller coaster ride.

Not worried about Fulmer or Lopez since I think both have the potential to become high energy closers if things don't work out for them as starters. Giolito is the one that concerns me a little but he's just 23 so he has time to come around.

Prefacing this by saying he's not a lost cause and things still can improve for a young pitcher not far removed from the draft, BUT...there's nothing about Fulmer right now that says he is closer material, or late inning reliever at all. 6.19 K per 9 and I think the opposite of closer material to be perfectly honest.