7/3 at Oakland A's

flavum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
I am enjoying this baseball contest tonight

I am stuck with the A's broadcast team, but they are one of my favorites.

Not a bad evening for a little beisbol.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)
I hate to admit it but I've been watching baseball for over fourty years, and I still don't understand the balk.

Neither does Joe West, and he's been one of baseball's best umpires for about that long.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)
I hate to admit it but I've been watching baseball for over fourty years, and I still don't understand the balk.

That one was not obvious. When I was a kid, there were, I think, 14 ways to commit a balk. Not sure now.

Rodon pitched great. So much better than some of the hacks we throw out there like Pelphrey and Miguel and Holland. Sale, Q and a healthy Rodon woulda made a division winning rotation this year IF you throw in 2 of our prospects: the likes of Fulmer and some of the guys we got in the two trades we made.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 10:21 PM)
Rodon pitched great. So much better than some of the hacks we throw out there like Pelphrey and Miguel and Holland. Sale, Q and a healthy Rodon woulda made a division winning rotation this year IF you throw in 2 of our prospects: the likes of Fulmer and some of the guys we got in the two trades we made.

If we're in a world where we don't trade Sale, we also don't have most of our best players this year.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but this team is a lot further than Chris Sale away.

Seeing peak Rodon is sexy, though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)

But you wouldn't have those prospects without trading Sale...and Rodon literally just got back...

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 03:26 AM)
If we're in a world where we don't trade Sale, we also don't have most of our best players this year.

Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but this team is a lot further than Chris Sale away.

Seeing peak Rodon is sexy, though.

This is a definite bright spot in what has been a miserable couple of months. Finally a stellar performance.

Forgot Rodon likes to work fast. That is huge.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 04:31 AM)
Such an awkward play by Timmy there. Another poor decision by an infielder not knowing the runner with Yolmer rushing

I was surprised Anderson didn't fumble that grounder. It looked iffy but he fielded it cleanly and if Yolmer would have just concentrated on getting the one out it would have been no problem. Now, do we win? Or does the last place team find a way to lose before a big road crowd?