7/5 Games (Danish, Guerrero, Hickman)

AAA: Charlotte at Durham 6:05pm CT start (Danish v. Yarbrough).

AA: Birmingham at Jackson: 6:05pm CT start (Guerrero v. Young).

High A: Down East at Winston Salem 6:00pm CT start (Martin v. Lambert)

Low A: Kannapolis at Hickory 6:00pm CT start (Hickman v. Arredondo)

Rookie: Missoula at Great Falls 8:00pm CT start (Sorlano v. Gallegos)

AZL: Brewers at White Sox 9:00pm CT start (TBD v. TBD)

DSL: Mariners at White Sox 9:30am CT start (TBD v. TBD)

Saladino 2 for 3 , Delmonico with 12th HR and Liriano with 2 HR's his 6th and 7th.

Liriano has had a decent 11 game stretch of hitting. I'd love to see him put together a good 2nd half and come back from those terrible facial fractures and concussion from being HBP.

Liriano also threw a runner out at 3rd.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 09:54 PM)
Guerrero 6 IP 2 ER 1 BB 6 K. Man he's been money this year.

Really intrigued to see 1) if he's promoted soon 2) if he gains some serious prospect steam.

12:22 SouthSider: What Is Jordan Guerrero‘s ceiling?

12:22 Eric A Longenhagen: Realistically like a #4/5

If we get a 4/5 out of him that would be huge but I could see being another typical sox pitching prospect that flys under the radar and over preforms. But if at the end of the day he becomes Jaime Garcia, I don't think anyone here is going to complain.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 09:59 PM)
If we get a 4/5 out of him that would be huge but I could see being another typical sox pitching prospect that flys under the radar and over preforms. But if at the end of the day he becomes Jaime Garcia, I don't think anyone here is going to complain.

He doesn't have quite the stuff as our top guys (although his curve is amazing) but I really like his chances. I know me and Dan liked him alot when he was drafted (hell I chose him twice as a true sleeper prospect a few and a couple years ago when he wasn't even on a top 5-10 list and that was with a weak system). I'll gladly take a poor man's Gio or a dynamite bullpen guy if starting fails him.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
That Mark Buehrle guy says otherwise

Yes, but look the Baseball America rankings then.

Only Jon garland made it. Kip Wells, but not with us. Fogg and Buehrle were just #8-12 guys in the system, but had the longest careers.

His helium was the immediate results out of the bullpen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 10:43 PM)
That Mark Buehrle guy says otherwise

He was never a top 100 guy which was caulfield's point. Mark was unbelievable but guys like him and his career are the exception, not the norm. That being said, I've always liked Guerrero. Kid has come a long way.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
Not without a 94-96 mph FB.

From what I've heard the FB is low 90s but can run up to 94. The curve has made massive strides and his changeup is great. Plus he's a lefty, and was well liked by scouts before struggling last year. I think it's pretty silly to dismiss him.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 05:42 AM)
From what I've heard the FB is low 90s but can run up to 94. The curve has made massive strides and his changeup is great. Plus he's a lefty, and was well liked by scouts before struggling last year. I think it's pretty silly to dismiss him.

I am not dismissing him at all.

Scouts and GM's fall in love with the big arms. It's human nature, especially in today's game with 100+ Mph readings all over the place.

And the three guys (other than Wells) to make the biggest impacts were three finesse pitchers in Garland, Buehrle and Fogg, who was actually a reliever closer at Univ. of Florida, but even then never blew batters away with stuff.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 06:14 AM)
I am not dismissing him at all.

Scouts and GM's fall in love with the big arms. It's human nature, especially in today's game with 100+ Mph readings all over the place.

And the three guys (other than Wells) to make the biggest impacts were three finesse pitchers in Garland, Buehrle and Fogg, who was actually a reliever closer at Univ. of Florida, but even then never blew batters away with stuff.

Ah yeah sorry I misunderstood. He could definitely go under the radar.

It's interesting because guys like him and Stephens/Adams might almost have a better chance of at least ending up as back of the rotation arms than say Lopez. But the upside is probably way lower of course.