League Wide Speculation

hi8is

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
Lugo is a pretty good prospect

Dbacks have a weak farm. Surprised the tigers didn't get more, although not many buyers on the market right now for position players.

Can never have too much pitching though.

So, we now have technically 3 rebuilding teams in the AL Central (I consider Twins still rebuilding), with Cleveland being a mediocre 1st place team and KC...not really sure what to think of them...not that they are good. This division could really suck it up for the next few years...and it also could be the most dominant one for the following 5-10 years. Should be interesting to see how Detroit decides to rebuild their system, as the Sox now have some competition in the rebuilding department.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
So, we now have technically 3 rebuilding teams in the AL Central (I consider Twins still rebuilding), with Cleveland being a mediocre 1st place team and KC...not really sure what to think of them...not that they are good. This division could really suck it up for the next few years...and it also could be the most dominant one for the following 5-10 years. Should be interesting to see how Detroit decides to rebuild their system, as the Sox now have some competition in the rebuilding department.

I don't know that Detroit can really afford to rebuild...

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)

Hopefully they rebuild poorly and suck mightily.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)

KC will be rebuilding starting next year, and I think the Twins goal is to no longer call themselves rebuilding next year.

Detroit is a mess.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:51 AM)
Really hoping the Astros overpay and then whoever they get is a disaster

Talking with my A's friend...sounds like their fans want something along the lines of Tucker/Whitley/Perez, which, if the Astros would agree to that, would already be done right now.

I suspect they will indeed get Tucker, maybe Whitley, and a lotto ticket if I had to guess.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
Watch, Luhnow will give up Tucker in a deal for Gray when he wouldn't for Q. :lol:

I think he ultimately would have. I think he was balking at our insistence of Tucker/Martes together.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
Eloy is a better prospect than Tucker, so it all worked out in the end.

Is he? I'm not 100% sure

I would have been very interested in a Tucker + Whitley ++ package from Houston

So David Phelps who has no closer experience got a pretty nice return for the Marlins. And yet people still want to believe Robertson has no value in the trade market and that him for Clarkin and Clippard salary would be a fair deal. Granted Robertson makes about twice the salary, but eating half of his 2018 salary shouldn't have been an issue.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 04:55 PM)
So David Phelps who has no closer experience got a pretty nice return for the Marlins. And yet people still want to believe Robertson has no value in the trade market and that him for Clarkin and Clippard salary would be a fair deal. Granted Robertson makes about twice the salary, but eating half of his 2018 salary shouldn't have been an issue.

Brayan Hernandez was the best prospect the Marlins received for David Phelps. He is a 40 FV player. The Marlins got squadoosh for Phelps.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
Brayan Hernandez was the best prospect the Marlins received for David Phelps. He is a 40 FV player. The Marlins got squadoosh for Phelps.

Where do you see that? Because I see him as a 50 FV.

The trade has been praised on the Marlins end by Passan and others.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 12:55 PM)
Watch, Luhnow will give up Tucker in a deal for Gray when he wouldn't for Q. :lol:

I doubt he does...but who knows. I'd bet Martes and lower level specs get it done. Maybe Paulino...maybe Fisher...again...who know how desperate they are now. I know Martes is a higher rated prospect...but no way they value him more than Tucker IMO. Regardless...my overall opinion is SUCK IT Luhnow! Snooze you lose....

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
Buster thinks Astros could get Britton. Martes makes sense

Astros absolutely should go all in, this seems to be their year in the AL. I'm not sure I would empty the farm for Gray though. I'd much rather land Quintana.