League Wide Speculation

hi8is

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 07:29 PM)
I doubt he does...but who knows. I'd bet Martes and lower level specs get it done. Maybe Paulino...maybe Fisher...again...who know how desperate they are now. I know Martes is a higher rated prospect...but no way they value him more than Tucker IMO. Regardless...my overall opinion is SUCK IT Luhnow! Snooze you lose....

Good call. Fisher and one of Martes/Paulino would make sense as headliners for Gray. Who knows, there are other teams interested in Gray so Luhnow may have to pony up or stick with carousel of starting pitchers rotating on and off the DL. Hmm, Gray would fit right in with that rotation.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
Good call. Fisher and one of Martes/Paulino would make sense as headliners for Gray. Who knows, there are other teams interested in Gray so Luhnow may have to pony up or stick with carousel of starting pitchers rotating on and off the DL. Hmm, Gray would fit right in with that rotation.

I would imagine that Fisher + Perez would be an attractive package of headliners for the A's. Gray's pricetag should be lower than Quintana's with a year less of control and more injury history.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 07:55 AM)

Ahh, I was looking at pipeline.

Looks like some of the shine has come off of him since the initial scouting reports and his signing...seems like some people still really like him while others are turned off by his performance.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 10:24 AM)
Ahh, I was looking at pipeline.

Looks like some of the shine has come off of him since the initial scouting reports and his signing...seems like some people still really like him while others are turned off by his performance.

Well and he's 18 too, so scouting reports are going to be mixed.

Pretty much what I'm saying is that someone using the Marlins return for David Phelps to say that the White Sox should have gotten more from the Yankees is total BS.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 08:58 AM)
Well and he's 18 too, so scouting reports are going to be mixed.

Pretty much what I'm saying is that someone using the Marlins return for David Phelps to say that the White Sox should have gotten more from the Yankees is total BS.

Not if you are someone who still likes Hernandez, which apparently there are still some that do.

I am assuming Jeff Passan talks to some folks who have reasonable opinions .

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
Buster thinks Astros could get Britton. Martes makes sense

All the Astros have done is piss down their own legs every time the price of a trade is out there. They don't seem willing to pay up, and that hasn't really changed since this winter.