July 8th Game Thread: White Sox @ Colorado Rockies

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 08:56 PM)
Q's curve still looks filthy tonight. The Rockies should take note of this and empty their farm system for him.

Would love to look up in 4 innings and see him have 7 IP with just the 2 ER.

I'll say it again, and don't care what anybody says, not trading Q in the offseason was a monumental mistake. The entire publicized trade efforts without actually getting a deal done was horribly managed by the FO and now the team and Q are in a tough situation. Yes, I know Q still has plenty of time on his deal, and yes, I know he is still a very talented pitcher, but anybody who thinks we can still get a full value deal on him is naive. The time to trade him was in the offseason and the opportunity was completely blown.

Ok rank over...

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
I'll say it again, and don't care what anybody says, not trading Q in the offseason was a monumental mistake. The entire publicized trade efforts without actually getting a deal done was horribly managed by the FO and now the team and Q are in a tough situation. Yes, I know Q still has plenty of time on his deal, and yes, I know he is still a very talented pitcher, but anybody who thinks we can still get a full value deal on him is naive. The time to trade him was in the offseason and the opportunity was completely blown.

Ok rank over...

We don't know what the market was at the time. We'll now have new teams emerging such as the Brewers that wouldn't have come after him before. And without knowing what the offers were out there this winter, it's tough to criticize. I do think the Eaton deal sort of ruined things for ourselves.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)

Ok rank over...

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the deadline...well, unless you are also one of the Sale trade was "one player short" or "bad because it didn't include Devers instead of Diaz"

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 9, 2017 -> 02:01 AM)

Ok rank over...

I understand but we all overrate how Q is perceived on open market. It sounds like the offers were weak.