7/9 Sox @ Rockies

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn't realize til just now in checking the game summary we almost got no hit today in Colorado of all places. I saw the headline on mlb about the near no-no, so I watched the highlights.

That was a nice base hit by Melky. That starter blew away the first hitter in the ninth. Good solid base hit by Melky. That would have been bad to get no hit the game before the all star break IMO.

Sox really had a bad record the first half, but actually didn't seem as bad a team as 38-49. Not just saying that cause I'm trying to be a kinder, gentler poster. 38-49 is truly a bad record.

My guess is the journeyman/excessively putrid starting rotation is starting to show in the overall record. Not trying to rub it in, but Robin has to be happy he's not the commander of this ship right now.

I'd have to study the stats/averages before giving out my official grades but without scouring the stats at this time. From the eye test in a season where I haven't paid as close attention as past years. Starting pitching: D-plus? Bullpen: B. Hitting. B to B-? Defense: D.