Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox

Sleepy Harold

Rick Hahn and Theo Epstein played the cloak and dagger game

“I GET A PHONE CALL FROM THEO AND I LITERALLY HID BEHIND AN EXHIBIT AT A FAN FEST TO TALK TO THEO ABOUT THE SPECIFICS OF THE DEAL.”

“I ESSENTIALLY HAD TO DITCH MY CHILD AT THE MIAMI CONVENTION CENTER,” HAHN ADDED IN AN INTERVIEW ON 670 THE SCORE.

THE CALL WAS IMPORTANT.

“AT THAT POINT, HE EXPRESSED A WILLINGNESS TO POTENTIALLY INCLUDE JIMENEZ AND CASE,” HAHN SAID. “WE SPENT THE NEXT SEVERAL HOURS, INCLUDING THE BULK OF THE TIME WHILE I WAS SITTING AT THE ALL-STAR GAME, TEXTING BACK AND FORTH TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER THE FINAL TWO PIECES ON THE BACK END OF THIS DEAL. FROM SUNDAY MORNING UNTIL THE END OF TUESDAY NIGHT, IT WAS A PRETTY QUICK TURNAROUND ON THINGS. BUT YOU’RE ONLY ABLE TO DO THAT BECAUSE BOTH SIDES, THE WHITE SOX AND THE CUBS, HAVE SPENT ALL THAT TIME AND THE SCOUTS AND ANALYSTS AND THE FRONT OFFICE HAVE SPENT THAT AMOUNT OF TIME PREPARING TO MOVE QUICKLY THIS TIME OF YEAR. WE HAD THAT LEVEL OF COMFORT IN TERMS OF WHO THESE PLAYERS ARE.”

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)
Gut reaction is an asset like Q should never be traded to the Cubs, especially without them paying WELL over market value. Not sure how I feel about the return yet, want to do a deeper dig on the prospects before coming to a conclusion there.

Why? Who cares? That stupid meaningless rivalry should have died in 2005 and is for sure dead after 2016.

Gut reaction is an asset like Q should never be traded to the Cubs, especially without them paying WELL over market value. Not sure how I feel about the return yet, want to do a deeper dig on the prospects before coming to a conclusion there.

Who cares about the Cubs? We just got the best OF prospect in the game, plus another guy with TOR potential.

The only teams that the Sox could have considered asking above Quintana's price point are Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, and Minnesota simply because they may be facing him more regularly over a minimum of the next 4 years, and perhaps longer than that. As is, they'll face Quintana MAYBE once a year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
The only teams that the Sox could have considered asking above Quintana's price point are Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, and Minnesota simply because they may be facing him more regularly over a minimum of the next 4 years, and perhaps longer than that. As is, they'll face Quintana MAYBE once a year.

I really get confused by the fan response that they don't want the Cubs getting Quintana.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
Moncada

Kopech

Basabe

Diaz

Giolito

Lopez

Dunning

Jimenez

Cease

Rose

Flete

Can you believe that we turned a minor league free agent, a number 13 overall draft pick many thought had a ceiling of high leverage reliver, and a 30th round 2006 draft pick into all of that?

Holy rebuild batman.

I can't wait to see what other trades come... what we end up with out of the 2018 draft... what we end up with out of the 2019 draft... and what we end up out of the 2019 FA class.

2020, holy s*** - here we come!

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
At the very least, would take Jimenez over Rutherford 10x over (though statements like this ... certainly could come back)

Fwiw, in today's chat, KLaw said Rutherford isn't hitting anything hard this year

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
KLaw thinks Eloy will be a star

Lol...for now! Wait till he has to make his next list and watch all the "holes in Eloy's game" that start showing up in his write-up now that he's in the Sox' system. Keith Law sees our logo and instantly dumps.

Edited by FT35

Why do they need to pay well over if it's already the best offer?