Bartolo offered "Richest Contract offer" ever

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Source?

And lets just hope Colon accepts and shows that his whole "I want to stay here" shtick was not just hot air to get a better offer from Boston or NY.

If we keep Colon, our pitching staff will still be solid and well have a chance to compete.

Who knows, maybe Reinsdorf is finally sick of turning on Fox Net and hearing about the Cubs, I know I am.

SB

This team always states this s*** and it never pans out. They know somebody will sign Colon to big money so by saying this they get to do the old, we couldn't afford him compared to the Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox s***. This team does not spend money on pitching so why start now. My guess 4 years $37M, the Yankees will offer 5yr, $60M. Then we can say we tried as feeble as it might be and then complain when we can't sign a free agent because they went hard after Colon. Colon is 30 years old, he will want at least 5 years. Nice try KW, offers mean s***.

This team always states this s*** and it never pans out.  They know somebody will sign Colon to big money so by saying this they get to do the old, we couldn't afford him compared to the Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox s***.  This team does not spend money on pitching so why start now.  My guess 4 years $37M, the Yankees will offer 5yr, $60M.  Then we can say we tried as feeble as it might be and then complain when we can't sign a free agent because they went hard after Colon.  Colon is 30 years old, he will want at least 5 years.  Nice try KW, offers mean s***.

WOW...considering we have no idea and your making up numbers in your head that is some lewd comments to make!!! Heck Manuel got fired!!!! :headbang :headbang

How can someone be so hateful and down at a time like this!!!! :nono

Source?

And lets just hope Colon accepts and shows that his whole "I want to stay here" shtick was not just hot air to get a better offer from Boston or NY.

If we keep Colon, our pitching staff will still be solid and well have a chance to compete.

Who knows, maybe Reinsdorf is finally sick of turning on Fox Net and hearing about the Cubs, I know I am.

SB

My source was the friggin KW press conference.

Duh

I'm happy to hear they are offering a contract to Colon that would be the largest contract offered to a pitcher in Sox history. I hope they reach an agreement with him. Now.

But here's a question: Wouldn't any contract that might be close to cathcing his interest be the largest because we haven't ever paid a pitcher huge money before?

Anyone know the largest contract we've ever given or offered to a pitcher before now?

Forkit!

I'm happy to hear they are offering a contract to Colon that would be the largest contract offered to a pitcher in Sox history. I hope they reach an agreement with him. Now.

But here's a question: Wouldn't any contract that might be close to cathcing his interest be the largest because we haven't ever paid a pitcher huge money before?

Anyone know the largest contract we've ever given or offered to a pitcher before now?

Forkit!

The last Pitcher we gave money too was Laime Navarro Take it from there. The other was Floyd Bannister in 1982

I guess its easy to sit here and b**** and moan that "the offer probably wasn't close to what the Yanks and/or Boston will offer."

Well no s***!!! We don't have the 100+ million dollar payrolls that those 2 teams have. If KW convinced JR to extend the largest contract offer we've ever offered to Colon, and he still rejects it, well too f***ing bad Colon. KW made giant strides to bring him back, and to put Colon in a position to be financially secure for his career. Everyone on here thinks we are gonna magically create a $80+ million payroll for 2004, even though JR has NEVER done so. Bzzzt!! It ain't gonna happen, so for us to offer what we did to Colon should be enough to let KW sleep at night, and know he did what he could to bring Bartolo back.

I guess its easy to sit here and b**** and moan that "the offer probably wasn't close to what the Yanks and/or Boston will offer."

Well no s***!!! We don't have the 100+ million dollar payrolls that those 2 teams have. If KW convinced JR to extend the largest contract offer we've ever offered to Colon, and he still rejects it, well too f***ing bad Colon. KW made giant strides to bring him back, and to put Colon in a position to be financially secure for his career. Everyone on here thinks we are gonna magically create a $80+ million payroll for 2004, even though JR has NEVER done so. Bzzzt!! It ain't gonna happen, so for us to offer what we did to Colon should be enough to let KW sleep at night, and know he did what he could to bring Bartolo back.

Good Post, And I agree If Colon really wants to stay here and the deal is Right then take it if not F him we did all we could

I knew their would be a leak.  Good old Kenny, you can always count on him to run his mouth...

He (KW) wants everyone to know he tried. I hope Colon is back. With a 4 year deal we'll be happy for 2, so-so for the 3rd and hate the frickin ground he walks on in the 4th.

And the best part of signing Colon to a long term deal is ncorgbl will have four years of tub-o-goo material :D

I'm going to go on record right now as saying that Bartolo Colon will NOT resign with the Sox.

You heard it here first.

I agree with you. Williams already said that the Sox would only have a slight increase in payroll next year. That's just great. Konerko might be on the way out but where's the dough for Maggs, Buerhle, Lee, Everett, let alone Bartolo? Now is not the time to cut back or tread water. Unless you're looking to forever be the unwanted stepchild of Chicago baseball. Or go the way of the football Cardinals and basketball Zephyrs.

Personally, if Bartolo resigns, I have no problem with losing Maggs. 

Just to make my point clear....I fully expect Magglio Ordonez to be on the White Sox next year, or if he is not, it is not because Colon resigned with us.

I'd feel the same way. Remember, its always harder to find good pitching than good hitting.

Great Post and I have said for a while that Colon will be back.