Yolmer Sanchez

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)
I'd hang on to him and see how far they can stretch out his defensive versatility in the spring.

Bingo. He's more valuable as a super sub that can cover 3B, 2B, and SS and play all well. He's controlled through 2021, isn't he? If so, keep him. He could be the supersub on the next playoff run.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Now that Moncada is the everyday second baseman, the Sox have a surplus of utility infielders. Sanchez, Saladino, Davidson, Hanson, and Leury are all capable of stepping into the 3B/DH roles, and one would have to assume that Davidson is taking up one of those spots every day. With teams like Tampa Bay and Washington potentially needing infield help, I can definitely see Yolmer being moved at the deadline since he won't find much playing time here.

I think Sanchez is the best of all the guys you listed, and I don't think he'd bring back a significant return. IMO

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 07:15 AM)
I understand that Leury has had a better season, but I still think Sanchez is the better player.

What if Garcia improves in CF, though?

Stops showing off his arm by holding the ball and daring runners to advance, throws to cutoff man every time, better routes/reads, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 08:17 AM)
What if Garcia improves in CF, though?

Stops showing off his arm by holding the ball and daring runners to advance, throws to cutoff man every time, better routes/reads, etc.

Well, if Leury becomes a better player, I would certainly have to re-evaluate.

But, in general, I think it's easier to find a competent bench outfielder than a competent bench infielder, especially one who can play three positions. I like that Leury can fake infield, but still.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 07:36 AM)
Well, if Leury becomes a better player, I would certainly have to re-evaluate.

But, in general, I think it's easier to find a competent bench outfielder than a competent bench infielder, especially one who can play three positions. I like that Leury can fake infield, but still.

Look how many career games he has at SS.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=m...elding/2017/ALL

I wonder what will happen to Sanchez. My hunch is the White Sox will patiently wait to find a trade partner who would be willing to play him as a starting second baseman. In the meantime, he will have to show his worth on the White Sox as a utility infielder. As for what the White Sox could get in return for him, I'm sure they would settle for a legitimate pitching prospect or two or a legitimate lower minors infield prospect.