Non-White Sox Trade Rumors

Chisoxfn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 12:19 AM)
Filled two pretty big needs for them. Cubs farm system is stripped bare, but if they collect another WS this year, who cares.

They are very much in their window of contention right now. They will need to rebuild in about 5 years, but they should go for it while they can.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
Sweeny MurtiVerified account @YankeesWFAN A's came off Frazier/Torres package and asked for Florial/Mateo package + more. #Yankees will not make that deal either. 4 hours to go.

I bet Yankees do end up making that deal. They're going to wait it out to see if the A's budge any further.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Joel Sherman‏Verified account @Joelsherman1 53m53 minutes ago

#Mets are getting Jamie Callahan, Gerson Bautista and Stephen Nogosek from #redsox for Reed

30 replies 107 retweets 143 likes

I'm sure all of those ex-Bosox relievers are better than the slug Diaz we got in the Sale trade.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 12:02 PM)
This should be quite a buzzer beater. You have to figure Gray and Darvish are going to go. Britton may as well.

I agree...Darvish has to go and I still figure Boston is going to upgrade its pen.

Assuming no other major deals, what a failure for the Dodgers. They are relying on the same staff that fell apart in the postseason last year. Feels like the Cubs closed the gap big time on them over last few weeks in terms of postseason roster.