7/30 Games

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
I feel like too many have held his college debacle against him. It has been a full year now of him pitching like a superstar. He has also managed to throw 163 IP during that time period so he won't be a guy you have to restrict if/when he gets to the majors.

So in that year

10-8, 2.15 ERA, 163 IP, 108 H, 58 BB, 219 K, 9 HR.

That translates to 12k/9, 3.2BB/9, 6H/9, and craziest of all a home run allowed every 18 IP or so.

I am in love with Hansen.

Scouts are waiting to see what Hansen can do against better competition in the higher minors. Dominating a ball is not that impressive for a college prospect from a major program. I'll buy in more fully once he's doing this to AA hitters.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 06:18 PM)
Scouts are waiting to see what Hansen can do against better competition in the higher minors. Dominating a ball is not that impressive for a college prospect from a major program. I'll buy in more fully once he's doing this to AA hitters.

I am not sure if I agree with that thinking. Usually you would wait till you till you see a pitcher facing better competition if they have questionable or even average stuff, i.e. guys like Danish or even Stephens. We know that Hansen has TOR stuff, his weakness was his control which we know has improved by leaps and bounds since playing in the Sox system. The fact that he's still only pitching in A ball (though he's already been promoted once this year) is because Sox wants to take it slow with him, reps are more important for him at this point than getting him challenged. I'm fairly bullish on Hansen at this point.

I think most of us buy into Hansen because he's throwing strikes. I've gotten into the habit of checking the pitchers strike and pitch totals. Whatever mechanical changes were made in Hansen's delivery, he is throwing more strikes because of it.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
I am not sure if I agree with that thinking. Usually you would wait till you till you see a pitcher facing better competition if they have questionable or even average stuff, i.e. guys like Danish or even Stephens. We know that Hansen has TOR stuff, his weakness was his control which we know has improved by leaps and bounds since playing in the Sox system. The fact that he's still only pitching in A ball (though he's already been promoted once this year) is because Sox wants to take it slow with him, reps are more important for him at this point than getting him challenged. I'm fairly bullish on Hansen at this point.

I like Hansen allot, don't get me wrong. I just need to see more of it. The stuff is there, he just needs to consistently keep up his control. He should be pushing top 100 listed by end of season.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 07:39 PM)
I like Hansen allot, don't get me wrong. I just need to see more of it. The stuff is there, he just needs to consistently keep up his control. He should be pushing top 100 listed by end of season.

Same could be said about any prospects in lower minors. I guess what I'm trying to say is the fact that he hasn't pitched in AA shouldn't be held against him, we know that he has the stuff to excel in upper minors, and now it seems the control is getting there as well.

Last year scouts were waiting to see him pitch in pro ball. Then they wanted to see him do it above rookie ball. The kid has just dominated each level.