2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
670 The Score‏Verified account @670TheScore 3m3 minutes ago Report: An MRI has confirmed what was expected -- #Bears receiver Cameron Meredith has a torn ACL http://cbsloc.al/2wcJQL6

this really sucks...feel bad for this kid since overcame some long odds and turned himself into a pretty good NFL receiver. Hopefully he'll bounce back and it there's any silver lining he'll have an entire year to rehab. It was a pretty ugly injury in slow motion...you knew he was done for the year when it happened.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 01:57 PM)
670 The Score‏Verified account @670TheScore 3m3 minutes ago Report: An MRI has confirmed what was expected -- #Bears receiver Cameron Meredith has a torn ACL http://cbsloc.al/2wcJQL6

Ian Rapoport is reporting he likely has other damage to the knee. Let's hope like hell it isn't the PCL. I've heard you are never the same player after tearing that (although ptatc could probably confirm or deny that).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)
Ian Rapoport is reporting he likely has other damage to the knee. Let's hope like hell it isn't the PCL. I've heard you are never the same player after tearing that (although ptatc could probably confirm or deny that).

It's really individualized with the PCL. It's the rotation point of the knee so it's important but I've seen more athletes adapt to it being torn than the ACL. As someone stated earlier, there still isn't a good surgery for it, so it's not something that is fixed easily.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
Seems like Elliott is going to lose his appeal today. NFL really does suck. They mess up the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy stuff and those guys get off when they should have gotten punishments with far more severity (nevermind Rice's blackballing). They punish one of the most exciting players in Josh Gordon enough to ruin his career over pot. They punish Blackmon so much he ends his own career. Then Elliott, who seems like a pretty s***ty guy himself, gets screwed over because the NFL wants to restore their image. Why can't he get an independent arbitrator? What a joke.

NFL has terrible football operations, a terrible union, an ugly image, and it is still by far, the best sport to watch. Just amazing that it could be so much better.

And nothing will change while they're still printing money. NFLPA needs to have a real strike so badly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 12:30 PM)
SportsCenter‏Verified account @SportsCenter 15h15 hours ago Matthew Stafford, Lions agree to 5-yr deal that is expected to make him highest-paid player in NFL history, a team source told @AdamSchefter

NFL Quarterback Hell. Stafford is not on a level with Rodgers/Brady, but the drop off from any potential replacements is so great, that it kind of makes sense to pay him so much money to stay.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
NFL Quarterback Hell. Stafford is not on a level with Rodgers/Brady, but the drop off from any potential replacements is so great, that it kind of makes sense to pay him so much money to stay.

Bingo. Plus he's the face of the franchise and is still only 29.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
If Trubisky is inactive vs ATL I'm going to be very upset and I'll have a hard giving a s***

Why? Being the #2 doesn't help much. Let Sanchez come in if there is a sudden injury, then Trubisky will have a week to prepare for the next game.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
Looks like that is exactly what Fox has in mind.

I have a hard time imagining them doing that...it'll certainly cause some backlash from the fans IMO. It was obvious since the Cards game...they spoon fed Glennon with dink and dunk plays to keep his psyche in check...Loggains did a better job (as did Glennon) with Tennessee...but they still coddled him. Everything I've read...people in that locker room know who that alpha is. Unless you're conceding another throwaway season...fine...but this kind of move would send a horrible signal to the fan base.

I honestly wish we still had Gase instead of Fox...actually pretty sick of that dude already.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
I have a hard time imagining them doing that...it'll certainly cause some backlash from the fans IMO. It was obvious since the Cards game...they spoon fed Glennon with dink and dunk plays to keep his psyche in check...Loggains did a better job (as did Glennon) with Tennessee...but they still coddled him. Everything I've read...people in that locker room know who that alpha is. Unless you're conceding another throwaway season...fine...but this kind of move would send a horrible signal to the fan base.

I honestly wish we still had Gase instead of Fox...actually pretty sick of that dude already.

I've heard the opposite on the radio. Most agree that Glennon is much better in the practices than Trubiskey. He is obviously is more physically talented but has trouble reading the defenses and making the correct decision. I've got no first hand knwloedge of this but that's what the radio reporters were saying.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
I've heard the opposite on the radio. Most agree that Glennon is much better in the practices than Trubiskey. He is obviously is more physically talented but has trouble reading the defenses and making the correct decision. I've got no first hand knwloedge of this but that's what the radio reporters were saying.

The score talked about him being an alpha all week

https://www.google.com/amp/chicago.suntimes...ocker-room/amp/

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)

Haven't heard a peep of anybody putting Glennon above anyone even in practice. It's been painfully obvious during the games...spoon feeding Glennon. They guys a stiff in the pocket...has zero mobility...and I haven't seen him make any throws on the run. Not dissing anything you've heard....and I imagine it's Fox trying to downplay the situation because honestly there's not one person in Chicago that wants to see Glennon over Trubs (besides Fox). I hope Glennon does well...I won't cheer against my team...but Trubs is the man...it's inevitable. When the real bullets fly...Glennon will be exposed. I hope not...but again think it's inevitable. Of course it'll all depend on the OL...

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 07:46 AM)
I actually think Sanchez may get cut. he's not playing in preseason game #4 after playing 3 series total in the preseason. Seems like they don't want to risk an injury settlement. I bet they only carry 2 QB's.

Dont they have Shaw on the roster as well?

I saw Hub on CSN yesterday, he has been to just about every Bears practice and said Trubisky is way better than he thought, BUT is not ready for regular season play. He thinks he is going to be really good. He said maybe in a blowout they could get him time, but says for now Sanchez is the #2. He expects him to be the emergency QB for at least 5 or 6 weeks, as the Bears first 4 opponents are really good, and maybe then get the job.

He was saying in the NFL, lame duck coaches are rare, so Fox is basically coaching for his job, and he's pretty much screwed, and he sees the only way he gets an extension is if the Bears make the playoffs, which is unlikely. Fox wants and needs the Bears to win more than just about anyone, so if MT isn't starting, he isn't ready.

Edited by Dick Allen