2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a feeling we will see Trubisky in the 4th quarter (if this stays a total route). Not implying it means Trubisky will be starting from here on out though. Bears offensive talent (or lack there-of) can't overcome all of those early turnovers and early points from the Bucs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
Apparently he can't throw deep, so they can just sit on the short routes and jump them. He sure as hell isn't looking anybody off.

Don't know how much is him vs. guys not getting open...but you at least need to try something downfield. We have such s***ty wideouts so I can't not reiterate that fact time and time again. The announcing crew has been f***ing brutal. But if you flip the Bears wideouts with the Bucs...Evans, Jackson, strong TE's. Only real weakness is there weak backfield and that is largely due to their top guy being suspended.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 01:38 PM)
Yeah, it's a s***ty situation to just throw Trubisky in.

There is no "good" situation. Glennon sucks, he offers nothing mid to deep range, and Tampa is just teeing off.

Terrible game for the coaching staff as well as Glennon

http://wgnradio.com/2017/09/13/hoges-10-be...eir-toll-again/

3. Mike Glennon’s familiarity with the Buccaneers certainly won’t hurt this week.

“Obviously I’m familiar with their offense, familiar with their defense. I was going against them with the scout team every day last year,” Glennon said. “A lot of things look familiar, but they haven’t played a game yet so I have to be prepared for anything.”

Glennon’s knowledge of Dirk Koetter’s system can aid the Bears’ defense, but the fact he ran the scout team against Mike Smith’s defense last year seems particularly beneficial to him. It will be interesting to talk to Glennon after Sunday’s game to see how much that helps him during the game as he making decisions both pre- and post-snap.

“Mike’s experience does help, and it helped in the Atlanta game,” offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains said. “He had a lot of great ideas and great thoughts on those guys and he had success against those guys in the past.”

Meanwhile, to his credit, Glennon isn’t shying away from the extra significance of this game for him personally.

“Obviously it counts the same, but it’s against the place I was for the past four years, a lot of friends, familiar faces on the other side, so I think it’s just human nature to be looking forward to this a little more just because of going against my former team,” Glennon said.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 11:31 AM)
I dont know if anyone just heard Jim Miller on "Spiegel and Parkins", but he is a big fan of Glennon. So much in that he brought up Tom Brady having 2 interceptions yesterday in his defense of Glennon

Jim Miller gets a paycheck from the Bears. He's turned into a complete company man.

So Kwiatkowski likely done for year.

So incredibly annoying every year seeing half the defense go on IR in weeks 2-4.

Especially in preseason when everyones like "now that we are healthy we could be great on D". Football kinda sucks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
So Kwiatkowski likely done for year.

So incredibly annoying every year seeing half the defense go on IR in weeks 2-4.

Especially in preseason when everyones like "now that we are healthy we could be great on D". Football kinda sucks.

Brutal injuries with this staff over the past couple seasons.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)
Brutal injuries with this staff over the past couple seasons.

And the injuries aren't felt broadly. Seems like 2-3 positions just have their entire 3-deep wiped out and it's just like how the hell do you win without any linebackers or receivers