2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cooter and McDaniels are #1 / #2 (in no particular order) when it comes to assistants. When it comes to actual coaches, I'd roll out the Brinks truck for Harbaugh. He is my #1-#10 candidate. I should point out, the season is long and I'm not ready to just kick Fox to the curb either though. I am a believer in stability and I don't want to keep messing with Trubisky. Fox is a good coach. Is he amazing, probably not, but he is a good coach. Media hates his guts for a number of reasons and I know a lot of fans are upset with this whole Trubisky thing, but I actually commend the organization because I feel for once they are making the right "long" decision. I think the Texans and Browns were utter idiots in how they've rushed Watson/Kizer. That said, both of those guys were more prepared (in terms of college action, etc, for the NFL). Especially Watson, but I've seen early on the limitations in Watson's ability to be great, namely the fact that he just doesn't make good reads and he's wildly inconsistent with his ball placement. His overally moxy/leadership plus pure athleticism are pluses though and should enable him to be a solid QB in this league or a long-time.

Interestingly enough, I've read from some people who took deep dives on the game film and saw some shots and man, Glennon really doesn't know how to read NFL defenses (or he's just not yet comfortable with our system (definitely possible) to know where guys are and work through his progressions, because there were quite a few times where there were guys very open in the game and we went into bad coverage). That said, I'm sure you can break down any QB and find that (just the nature of football) but it seemed on all of his bad picks / plays, we had much better options out there. I've very much noticed the fact that Glennon just doesn't look off guys, etc. If regular fans like us can see it, we'd all be ignorant to presume the coaching staff doesn't see it. Everyone in the building realizes Glennon can't be the bridge, but none of this was ever about Glennon...Glennon was clearly the "smokescreen" used to ensure the Bears could take a QB and surprise people. Had we kept Hoyer or Cutler, the whole league would have known our intentions at 3 and that is an uncomfortable spot to be given the fact that as you get closer to the draft, people ultimately move up to grab QB's.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 10:57 AM)
Cooter and McDaniels are #1 / #2 (in no particular order) when it comes to assistants. When it comes to actual coaches, I'd roll out the Brinks truck for Harbaugh. He is my #1-#10 candidate. I should point out, the season is long and I'm not ready to just kick Fox to the curb either though. I am a believer in stability and I don't want to keep messing with Trubisky. Fox is a good coach. Is he amazing, probably not, but he is a good coach. Media hates his guts for a number of reasons and I know a lot of fans are upset with this whole Trubisky thing, but I actually commend the organization because I feel for once they are making the right "long" decision. I think the Texans and Browns were utter idiots in how they've rushed Watson/Kizer. That said, both of those guys were more prepared (in terms of college action, etc, for the NFL). Especially Watson, but I've seen early on the limitations in Watson's ability to be great, namely the fact that he just doesn't make good reads and he's wildly inconsistent with his ball placement. His overally moxy/leadership plus pure athleticism are pluses though and should enable him to be a solid QB in this league or a long-time.

Interestingly enough, I've read from some people who took deep dives on the game film and saw some shots and man, Glennon really doesn't know how to read NFL defenses (or he's just not yet comfortable with our system (definitely possible) to know where guys are and work through his progressions, because there were quite a few times where there were guys very open in the game and we went into bad coverage). That said, I'm sure you can break down any QB and find that (just the nature of football) but it seemed on all of his bad picks / plays, we had much better options out there. I've very much noticed the fact that Glennon just doesn't look off guys, etc. If regular fans like us can see it, we'd all be ignorant to presume the coaching staff doesn't see it. Everyone in the building realizes Glennon can't be the bridge, but none of this was ever about Glennon...Glennon was clearly the "smokescreen" used to ensure the Bears could take a QB and surprise people. Had we kept Hoyer or Cutler, the whole league would have known our intentions at 3 and that is an uncomfortable spot to be given the fact that as you get closer to the draft, people ultimately move up to grab QB's.

I keep hearing Mike McCoy. He was a bust in SD after a while, and Joey Bosa claimed he didn't promote accountablity, but he is an offensive wizard.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 10:21 AM)
I keep hearing Mike McCoy. He was a bust in SD after a while, and Joey Bosa claimed he didn't promote accountability, but he is an offensive wizard.

I actually would like Mike McCoy. Chargers problems go well beyond coaching. Horrific ownership, etc. McCoy knows offenses and is a very good offensive coach. He definitely had some problems in San Diego but in terms of offensive minds, he'd be a good guy to pair with Trubisky.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
Isn't McDaniels unstable though?

He was a poor head coach in Denver and drafted Tebow in the first round.

He reminds me of Lane Kiffin. Probably deserves another shot but I don't want to be the one that gives it to em.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
Isn't McDaniels unstable though?

He was a poor head coach in Denver and drafted Tebow in the first round.

I thought he was fired before they drafted Tebow? Wasn't he fired before the season ended? He's the dude that wanted to bring in Matt Cassell with him from NE...pissed off Cutler and the trade was made after the 08 season. Am I recalling that correctly?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 20, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
I thought he was fired before they drafted Tebow? Wasn't he fired before the season ended? He's the dude that wanted to bring in Matt Cassell with him from NE...pissed off Cutler and the trade was made after the 08 season. Am I recalling that correctly?

No, he drafted Tebow.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 06:24 AM)
I wonder if Lucks shoulder is destroyed

Rumor has it that he was going to miss 4 games or so anyway so the Colts are just going to throw the season away and be very careful with him.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
Rumor has it that he was going to miss 4 games or so anyway so the Colts are just going to throw the season away and be very careful with him.

ptatc

How is arm reattachment typically handled with quarterbacks?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 08:17 PM)
ptatc

How is arm reattachment typically handled with quarterbacks?

Very carefully?

i don't think it was quite as serious as arm reattachment. He had a labral repair. He should have been back in july. I'm not really sure what the issue is other than the rumors.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 08:59 PM)
Very carefully?

i don't think it was quite as serious as arm reattachment. He had a labral repair. He should have been back in july. I'm not really sure what the issue is other than the rumors.

There's something off with all of it. I have no clue what, but it sure seems like he should be at least practicing by now.