Long term roster and lineup projection

Lillian

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 11:58 PM)
I really see Mocada as the future leadoff guy. I know he has some power, but so did Rickey, and Moncada's eye and speed are too good not to have him at the top of the lineup.

2b: Moncada

CF: Robert

DH: Abreu

RF: Jimenez

3B: Burger

C: Collins

1B: Sheets

LF: Rutherford

SS: Anderson

SP: Rodon

SP: Kopech

SP: Giolito

SP: Lopez

SP: Adams

Not sure Adams will be as good as Hansen or Dunning, but I think he beats them both to the majors. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kopech, Adams, Guerrero, and Stephens all getting a shot next year.

Your line up has no balence, 4 right handed hiters in a row followed by 3 lefties, i realize this is just rosterbation but still. Also Adams is behind Guerrero as it stands and Guerrero will likely be taking Lopez's spot at AAA.

I still firmly believe our line up will look something like this when the sox are in contention.

CF - Robert

2B - Moncada#

LF - Jimenez

1B - Delmonico* or Gillespie# or Sheets*

3B - Machado(2019 FA Class 26 years old) or Burger or Arenado(2020 FA class, 29 years old)

C - Collins* or Grandal#(2019 FA Class 30 years old)

DH - Abreu [locked up with a 3 + 2 option year deal]

SS - Anderson or Leury#[locked up to a similar kolten wong deal] or Bogaerts(2020 FA class, 27 years old)

RF - Rutherford* or Adlofo or Basabe#

SP Kopech

SP Rodon*

SP Lopez

SP Guerrero*

SP Giolito

with Hansen, Dunning & Cease down on the farm as depth

CL Burdi

SU Fulmer

SU Goldberg

MR Bummer*

It's funny. I was thinking about how I did this as a post in 2015 as we started going for it. Everyone said "it's a stupid exercise, it won't happen like you think" (and they were right) but it was when I did the exercise that I realized how narrow the sox's chances were to build a sustained winner. In 2015 we were signing guys to shorter deals with idea that our new drafting and farm could build up and come up in 2018.

And then I did it and realized we had like 3 guys that had strong chances of being MLB regulars and like 10 guys we had to hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

Like for that to work we were devastated by Trey M failing. We could handle Burger (or Collins) busting without destroying rebuild.

That's exciting. We do need a pitcher to have an outsized impact though.

QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 12:38 AM)
Your line up has no balence, 4 right handed hiters in a row followed by 3 lefties, i realize this is just rosterbation but still. Also Adams is behind Guerrero as it stands and Guerrero will likely be taking Lopez's spot at AAA.

I still firmly believe our line up will look something like this when the sox are in contention.

CF - Robert

2B - Moncada#

LF - Jimenez

1B - Delmonico* or Gillespie# or Sheets*

3B - Machado(2019 FA Class 26 years old) or Burger or Arenado(2020 FA class, 29 years old)

C - Collins* or Grandal#(2019 FA Class 30 years old)

DH - Abreu [locked up with a 3 + 2 option year deal]

SS - Anderson or Leury#[locked up to a similar kolten wong deal] or Bogaerts(2020 FA class, 27 years old)

RF - Rutherford* or Adlofo or Basabe#

SP Kopech

SP Rodon*

SP Lopez

SP Guerrero*

SP Giolito

with Hansen, Dunning & Cease down on the farm as depth

CL Burdi

SU Fulmer

SU Goldberg

MR Bummer*

That bullpen will lead to another #1-3 pick...