Sox vs 'Stros

Keuchel (9-1, 2.15 ERA) vs. Holland (bad)

Astros are 71-40 (31 games over .500)

Sox are 41-68 (27 games under .500)

Basically opposite records.

This series brings an interesting thought to me. Dating back to 2005 when these teams met in the 05 Series, neither has amounted to much since then. A few playoff appearances, but not much to speak of. In 2012, Houston was...ahem...55-107 (wow)...5 years later the Astros are the favorites to take the AL pennant and play in the World Series again. It took them 5 years. The Sox are now just starting their rebuild. Projected to be on current Stros' level in 3-4 years. (Cubs also lost 102 games in 2012, and it took them 4 years...) Gosh, that 30 games over .500 sure looks nice...can't wait to see that under the White Sox name in the standings and be interested in major league baseball come August.

Until then, embrace the suck, and enjoy the excitement of the top minor league system in baseball. Especially after having such a mediocre one for so many years. The goal is not to have the best prospects, however, it is only a step toward the real goal...a championship.

Edited by Scoots

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 05:07 PM)
Dan Hayes‏Verified account @CSNHayes 28m28 minutes ago

#WhiteSox for 8/8: Anderson 6, Saladino 5, Abreu 3, A. Garcia 9, Smith 2, Moncada 4, L. Garcia 7, Delmonico DH, Engel 8. Holland 1.

I really don't think there's much to it but FFS Rick: pick a f***ing spot for Moncada and keep him there. WTF is he even doing with these lineups.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 04:07 PM)
Keuchel hasn't been very stellar since coming off the DL a couple weeks ago. Maybe this will be the game where he can get himself righted. If he can't be a consistent ace then the Astros are in real trouble in October.

They're already in trouble, cant see how they beat Boston having to face Sale a handful of times in a 5 or 7 game series

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
Holland loads the bases and then gives up a bases loaded triple. It just never fails

Never saw a replay of the pickoff at second base. Anybody see it? Bad call?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:10 PM)
I don't care that he is tank commander, I don't want to see Holland anymore, he is done

As a starting pitcher, I am in complete agreement. I think you can make at least a half assed case that he might be capable as a reliever.