White Sox winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

The Moncada, Delmonico, Anderson show is tearing it up. Great to see. Also Leury and Yolmer with 2 RBI apiece. Youth will be served.

Miguel Gonzales pitched a gem. Sox may still get someing for him . U never know.

Oh I forgot, EAT s*** ASSTROS !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
The Moncada, Delmonico, Anderson show is tearing it up. Great to see. Also Leury and Yolmer with 2 RBI apiece. Youth will be served.

Miguel Gonzales pitched a gem. Sox may still get someing for him . U never know.

You get a glimpse of the future if those three can put it together. Delmonico as the DH would look great

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 10:37 PM)
You get a glimpse of the future if those three can put it together. Delmonico as the DH would look great

Yeah, the glimpse was wonderful. If Delmonico can be Brandon Belt part deux for the sox that would be awesome, split time at LF/1B/DH next season, moving to 1B/DH as Jimenez comes up and Abreu gets extended to finally taking 1B by his self. It would be wonderful if some of the under the radar players just step up out of no where. In other good news, Phillies, Giants & Reds all won as well so the pick remains static. Also eat s*** Astros.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)

Yeah, what he said! ^ :gosox3:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 11:10 PM)
Tim Anderson had a great game. Has he come of age? Miguel G. is horrific most nights but does have a few outings like this. I'd say he could be a 5 starter on the team next year.

He'll be the 5th starter for a team next year, that's for sure.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)

I love it. I hope we win every game here on out because our young kids are kicking butt!!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 07:15 AM)
He'll be the 5th starter for a team next year, that's for sure.

I would be okay if we signed him to a 1yr deal and bet on him being solid and trading him at the deadline. We would have got something for him if he hadn't been hurt for a while. He isn't great, but he's a serviceable back of the rotation guy who can throw innings.

QUOTE (Quin @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 06:38 AM)
Beating the Astros because of our youth and their s*** starting pitching is oh so satisfying.

I really think the Astros are going to regret not making a big move for pitching and choosing to hold onto prospects. They have a legitimate world series roster this year, but I question whether the pitching staff is deep enough to win in the playoffs.

Keuchel is good, but his 3.66 FIP suggests regression is coming from his sub 3.00 ERA.

McCullers just cannot stay healthy enough to be trusted in the post season

Morton has been solid

McHugh has been mediocre, same goes for Fiers.

Not making a big move for bullpen and starting rotation help will be what costs them, because the offense is deep and solid, especially once Correa comes back

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 11:36 AM)
I would be okay if we signed him to a 1yr deal and bet on him being solid and trading him at the deadline. We would have got something for him if he hadn't been hurt for a while. He isn't great, but he's a serviceable back of the rotation guy who can throw innings.

We will definitely bring in one or two guys like Miguel. I have no problem at all with it being Miguel himself.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
I love it. I hope we win every game here on out because our young kids are kicking butt!!!

50 game win streak. Let's go.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
I really think the Astros are going to regret not making a big move for pitching and choosing to hold onto prospects. They have a legitimate world series roster this year, but I question whether the pitching staff is deep enough to win in the playoffs.

Keuchel is good, but his 3.66 FIP suggests regression is coming from his sub 3.00 ERA.

Morton has been solid

Not making a big move for bullpen and starting rotation help will be what costs them, because the offense is deep and solid, especially once Correa comes back

They badly f***ed up there. Badly.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 11:47 AM)

Morton has been solid

Seeing their offense and how little of it they could have sacrificed for Chris Sale or Jose Quintana is just mind blowing. They can walk through the regular season with the offense, but once playoff baseball hits they are going to be in trouble.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
Seeing their offense and how little of it they could have sacrificed for Chris Sale or Jose Quintana is just mind blowing. They can walk through the regular season with the offense, but once playoff baseball hits they are going to be in trouble.

Boy am I glad they wouldn't pony up Bregman-Marte for Sale.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 11:47 AM)

Morton has been solid

Keuchel still hasn't been right since spending 2 months on the DL, so it's not just regression with him, it's legit "will he even get back to form". Both Fiers and McHugh have had good stretches, but you can't count on your #3 starter turning it on in September by luck.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
Keuchel still hasn't been right since spending 2 months on the DL, so it's not just regression with him, it's legit "will he even get back to form". Both Fiers and McHugh have had good stretches, but you can't count on your #3 starter turning it on in September by luck.

Houston knew the price to acquire a cost controlled starter like Quintana, Gray or even Chris Sale for that matter. They decided to stand pat, hoard prospects and only time will tell if that was a wise decision.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Aug 10, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
Houston knew the price to acquire a cost controlled starter like Quintana, Gray or even Chris Sale for that matter. They decided to stand pat, hoard prospects and only time will tell if that was a wise decision.

My response now is the same as it was in the offseason when neither them nor Pitt came forward with a deal for Quintana when both had the ammo: "Good luck with that".