Royals at ReyLo Game Thread -The ReyLo Game-

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 09:41 PM)
Come on, you probably remember the Burr/Hamilton feud like it happened yesterday.

It's not like it's a big piece of pop culture right now...

...or that it came up in a thread here.

It's one of the biggest pieces of pop culture in North America

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)
We finally agree on something.

So what's wrong with you? And why don't you use "?"?

Don't expend any calories worrying about me. Conserve your energy for tomorrow's next riveting edition of Sox Math.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
Don't expend any calories worrying about me. Conserve your energy for tomorrow's next riveting adventure of Sox Math.

Jesus Christ, in a three hour broadcast you're crying about a 3-5 minute bit?

What is wrong with you?

"They made me try to remember Don Cooper's number!!! Why can't we go back to Hawk cursing at umpires and telling stories that my grandfather remembers and saying racist things about the non-white players?"

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:44 PM)

What is wrong with you?

"They made me try to remember Don Cooper's number!!! Why can't we go back to Hawk cursing at umpires and telling stories that my grandfather remembers and saying racist things about the non-white players?"

Do some Sox Math and add up the number of these 3-5 minute dopey bits we have to suffer through in the course of a Benetti three hour broadcast.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)

What is wrong with you?

Never heard that. One example, please? I could be wrong, but.... Now, you Chicago guys hear Hawk more than I do, since I only have the Comcast baseball package. Hawk is rarely on it. I just don't recall him sounding like a racist.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 10:11 PM)
Never heard that. One example, please? I could be wrong, but.... Now, you Chicago guys hear Hawk more than I do, since I only have the Comcast baseball package. Hawk is rarely on it. I just don't recall him sounding like a racist.

He has multiple anecdotes about "Latin" and "oriental" players. The score still makes fun of him saying the Latin players aren't funny in the clubhouse

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 10:13 PM)
He has multiple anecdotes about "Latin" and "oriental" players. The score still makes fun of him saying the Latin players aren't funny in the clubhouse

His attitude toward Asian players is particularly odd. He draws a lot of blanket conclusions about their performance.

The "funny Latins" thing makes me chuckle because the Sox have had a ton of funny Latin-American players.